PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Additional infobox request (OPEN)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

modellbobby
Aquilotto

323 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Guys, I dont get it anymore. LK8000 must be simple and easy to use and understand. But now it is not.

1. We have to check how it is calculating before we want new things
2. We have to discuss the easy to understand solution.
Go to Top of Page

MPusz
Aquila imperiale

Poland
683 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  10:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you. There are too many changes to calculations proposed lately.

Could you please provide some points that you see are not easy to understand (I propose General Support forum for that) so we may discuss them and think how to make our life easier?

Regarding Final Glide Bar I've just checked that it ignores SafetyMC and always calculate things for MC=0 (I am talking about transparent part of the bar here). I do not think it is right. What is your opinion on this? Should I create a new Change Request for this?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  21:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
.. And after some months I still think that the SafetyMC should not be the way it is right now.
We all agree that during a glide we need LD and arrival altitude for current MC, safetyMC, and MC 0.
Currently, we are assured that if we are gliding to a landable, safetyMC or an higher MC set is used.
But MC overlay is different if showing 0 to the one really used.
This is confusing.
Go to Top of Page

bushav
Falchetto

103 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  15:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the way S++r P+++t shows final glide. It has a chart from 0 MC to something like MC of 5. Each value shows a corresponding speed to fly and another user selectable value which is either arrival height or altitude required. So you have a table showing all the final glide info. This is a separate screen labeled "final glide". I believe the glide bar should always show selected MC. The safety MC number is just clutter to me and in fact I have my Safety MC set to zero.

Edited by - bushav on 10/01/2012 15:50:20
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  18:52:23  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can you please take a screenshot of this nice feature and post it here? it seems a good idea.
Go to Top of Page

bushav
Falchetto

103 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  02:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The full description can be seen at http://www.soaringpilot.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/soarpilot/final_glide_screen

I am sorry I can't seem to upload the image. The asterisk to the left identifies what MC value is currently selected. Some of the depicted info is unnecessary (such as GPS status). When I race, regarding the final glide I really want to know
1) What changing the indicted airspeed will do to the arrival altitude
2) What MC is currently displayed on the glide bar
3) Instantaneous and Average Lift/Sink
4) Wind component
5) ID of current waypoint from which all of the info is referencing

Lane

Edited by - bushav on 11/01/2012 02:36:01
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  03:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have already 4 out of 5 of those infos, relative to the current multitarget eventually.
Wind component is in 2.3s. Changing MC will show immediately on overlay the resulting AAlt.
Of course having a list of MC speed-altitudearrival is interesting.
We can provide this information for the future in a separate page somewhere.
I remind that setting AutoMC for final glide will automatically set the MC to the fastest value to arrive over the target.

Go to Top of Page

bushav
Falchetto

103 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  15:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used the sim some more this morning. Version S is pretty cool! What is the bell tone I hear sometimes while thermalling? Also, has any consideration been given to allowing a task "start" out the top of the cylinder? U.S. rules beginning in 2011 allowed a start out the top. However, you must spend two minutes below max start altitude after the start gate opens and before exiting the top.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  15:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bell tone is telling you to straighten up to centre.
Go to Top of Page

bushav
Falchetto

103 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  15:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh...now the bell goes off in my head!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  15:57:11  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is like the Zander thermal centering helper.You can disable it.
It is called Orbiter, in LK.

Edited by - Coolwind on 11/01/2012 15:57:46
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  08:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only for lazyness

An infoboxvalue for:

Height I have to thermal/rise to to be above glide path
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  12:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But that's the Altitude Difference on the overlay, Ernst!
Or do you mean the absolute number relative to ground?
Go to Top of Page

ernst-dieter
Aquilotto

Germany
203 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  13:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean the absolute number above grund (may be above MSL, here ground is near zero :-)

I am at 1232m and LK shows 478m below glide path i.e. so I have to rise at least to 1710m.
And I am interessted in this number (1710m) because I look at my altimeter from time to time during thermaling which has big numbers and is easy to watch.

A convenience infobox-value :-)

Edited by - ernst-dieter on 12/01/2012 14:59:58
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  14:26:15  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, me too I need it.

What should be the name of this infobox?

Edited by - Coolwind on 12/01/2012 14:26:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy