PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Flexible Sector Types in Tasks (OPEN)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  12:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might it be possible to incorporate the flexibility to select and define type and parameters of each waypoint sector in a task separately like in S**Y**?

Tom

Only Pilots know why birds are singing!

Edited by - Coolwind on 25/03/2010 22:35:54

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  12:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will be. The task system has to be revised, also for paragliders, but currently I am working on other things such as wind and traffic.
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  20:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I kindly push this topic a bit?!

I'd really need this for the upcoming competitons this year.

Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  21:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until the task system is revised, you can set the task as an Assigned Area Task (AAT=ON). Then it is possible to use a different sector type and radius for each TP.
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2010 :  10:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bo, I already tried that. But I'd have to explicitly set the sector radials. Furthermore AA task mode places the turn point into the middle of the sector and this position is used for all calculations. Third, we have those special DAeC sectors over here which are not available at all in AA task mode.
I know it's possible to (almost) cope with all this but it's really a lot of fiddling.

Tom

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  22:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will be made, but I fear it will be late... I too will be flying in april!
Go to Top of Page

papasierra
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  11:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would like to push this topic up again, this is definitely a good feature to have. If we could make the sector definition entry identical to S**Y** then that would make things a lot easier....
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  22:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I confirm that after the 1.22 is out (and it is only missing the documentation update) I will be working on the task system which is expected by end of august.
Sorry we spent a lot of time on topology (over 1 month) so we are a bit late on this. But at least we do have the best topology now.
Go to Top of Page

papasierra
Pulcino

23 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  16:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For UK competitions this is going to be quite crucial. There are now different sector types possible that are non-stardard for other European competitions:
http://www.gliding.co.uk/forms/competitionrules2010.pdf
(see page 13)

Regards,
papasierra
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  17:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It would be so simple for everybody if a task would define a simple rule such as paraglider's do. But gliding world is different, and we have many sectors, cylinders, bisect, and combinations. I'll do my best, but I am also concerned that the day pilots will tell to the organizations that they have enough of their rules changing every year, then even software developers will live better..
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  21:36:19  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Papasierra...

I didn't know about that!
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  09:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondered if this issue is still on the road map

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  10:50:59  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes it is.
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  15:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May I kindly ask when the task system (for gliders) will be revised? It's been on hold for quite a while now. I'm eagerly waiting for those flexible sector types and also for the landing wp in the task list (for safe final glides if the finish wp is not the landing site).

Edited by - UncleTom on 30/01/2012 23:28:24
Go to Top of Page

Olivier32
New Entry

Belgium
2 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  15:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I'm a new user of LK8000 (version 3) and i'm still looking for some features. I plan to use LK8000 during competitions and I read here above that there is a option AAT for the tasks. I've been looking for a while on all config pages and trying to find something in the editing optin of the task declaration but I don't find any "AAT". Can you explain me the way to introduce an AAT task in LK8000 (knowing that sectors around the waypoints can be different from one to another).

Olivier
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  15:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a good documentation made by LX Navigation for their LX Minimap products, that are based on LK8000 , now updated to version 3.
You can download their manuals at http://www.lxnavigation.si/avionics/downloads/manuals.html?productid=1118&version=3.0&languageid=1

AAT and many other things are explained there.
The software, apart from hardware keys, is identical.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy