PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Delta/Hang Gliders
 digifly telemetry support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 3

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  21:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Flymaster people claims to be working on a wireless airspeed sensor, but its not ready yet, so at the moment we use ground speed. I dont know if they will go for a pitot tube or anemometer design. Im hoping for it to be ready for the next season, but i dont know. I like my F1 quite a lot by the way, its very easy to use, and not too expensive.

The Digifly instruments look quite impressive. I could not find the NMEA protocol, but if you can find it, support might be added at some point.. How is the price of these units?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  21:11:18  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Careful, if Digifly does not send out (and does it at at least 9600bps) all info, it is perfectly useless in LK, just like Garmin 76CSX...
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  21:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Thats too bad.. They seem to be bragging about compatibility with other devices..
Go to Top of Page

thrmaln
Pulcino

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  22:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bo,

I have also been in touch with the digifly manufacturere for some time and here is a cut and paste out of a reply he had sent me regarding the NMEA settings.

"the Cartesio ProBt can also emulate a NMEA GPS bletooth at the speed of 38400 bps
(baud rate). In this case the correct setup is TELE=CAR and BLUT=ON
Be sure that your mobile is correctly setted for the baud rate = 38400 bps"

So with that said, it looks like it might work. I will contact him again to ask him if he has used his device (Digifly) with XCsoar which I would assume is similar to how LK8000 is set up.

In regards to the Flymaster wireless speed sensor, the website mentions it as an anemometer. If on eis in developement I would consider the flymaster over the Digifly. However the cost of the digifly is not too much more then the F1 and it has so many more features. But many of those features are being addressed by the LK8000. So its a tough choice.

Thanks agian as usual for all th ehelp everyone.

Marc
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  22:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a contact in Digifly, you should ask for the NMEA protocol. We need more than the baudrate to use it with LK, since the NMEA messages most likely have some elemnts that are specific to Digifly instruments.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  22:46:44  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exactly. You want to know in details and with no omissions:
1- What NMEA sentences are sent
2- What Digifly proprietary NMEA sentences are sent, and what information they carry
3- What is the frequency for sending NMEA positions (1hz, hopefully. But garmin send 0.5 hz and makes it useless)
4- Is the GPS Fix filtered for car usage, or good also for flight? No dead reckoning is wanted, and in particular, no speed filter.
5- An example of their NMEA output, maybe with official documentation like Flymaster and Compeo have

until you have these answers, do not even think about getting any device which costs more than 60 dollars: you would end up using a GPS fix and GPS altitude, like with an ordinary cheap chinese bluetooth GPS.
Go to Top of Page

thrmaln
Pulcino

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  23:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey BO and Coolwind,

I just contacted Donato at Digifly via email and he is usualy really good at getting back to me so hopefully I will have some information on his answers soon. However I am out of town for the weekend, so I may not be able to reply until Monday.

Thanks again for all the great help here. This forum is pretty helpful. I plan to buy my HP310 when I get back next week.

Marc
Go to Top of Page

thrmaln
Pulcino

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  05:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Paolo,

I received a reply from Donato at Digifly and here is his reply.

"Hello Marc, have seen on the forum the excellent job that Paolo is doing with the LK8000 software and i would be happy to send him all that he needs."

So with that said, can I get your contact info so I can forward it to him. You can send it to my home email at addicted2climbing@gmail.com or reply here.

Take care,

Marc

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  14:59:59  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent. I sent you my details.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  15:03:55  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Really great news! ;)

As I can see LK8000 will support all Paragliding top instruments!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  22:47:10  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Compeo by Brauniger has already been tested in flight yesterday with LK.
Vario and Airspeed working fine, as altitude. But there was something wrong with netto vario, I can only chek it once I get an NMEA log to replicate the flight.
Go to Top of Page

thrmaln
Pulcino

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  22:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Paolo,

I sent Donato from Digifly your contact info. Hopefully he will get you the information you need shortly.

I plan to buy an HP310 next week and will hold off on the vario to wait and see if the Digifly is able to be integrated.

Thanks again,

Marc
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:39:37  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How much you paid for the HP310?
Go to Top of Page

thrmaln
Pulcino

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  00:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TIGuy,

I have not bought one yet, but plan to next paycheck. They go for between $99 & $140 on ebay in the USA. Do you need one as well? If your unable to get one in Portugal, I can buy one here and send it to you. I think the european version is the 314 so you may prefer one of those instead. This way you can still use it for car navigation.

Take care,

Marc
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  00:03:53  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a good PDA, but getting a 314 is not a bad idea. I'm going to be in Canada on next week ;) My wife lives in Canada.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy