PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 LK8000 Configuration for paragliders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

alieri
Pulcino

Portugal
30 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  00:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What if I want to set LK to my particular paraglider, where can I learn how to make a custom polar file?

Would a FAQ for paragliders be useful?

#17 on 1st post should read "17 infobox Thermal"

Edited by - alieri on 17/02/2012 00:52:38
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  01:28:19  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you... I will updated it :)

on the _Polars folder you have example.plr and example.txt, open them and check how to create a custom Polar.

Example for the EN-C:

* LK8000 polar for: Para EN C-DHV2
* MassDryGross[kg], MaxWaterBallast[liters], Speed1[km/h], Sink1[m/s], Speed2, Sink2, Speed3, Sink3, WingArea[m2]
100, 0, 33.0, -1.1, 39.0, -1.2, 56.0, -2.30, 0
Go to Top of Page

sove
Pulcino

6 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  15:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it possible on v3 to edit overlay informations ?
Go to Top of Page

Koczis
New Entry

3 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  17:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I just wanted to ask a question. I want to create my own polar file, but I'm not sure wether in the "WingArea" field I'm supposed to put ground flat area or projected area? Thanks in advance, best regards
Koczis
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
968 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  17:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's not realy important, In default polar files wing area is set to 0, in mine I use flat area ...
Go to Top of Page

Fonz
New Entry

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  19:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paulo,

Sergio directed me here rather than the PG Forum. Reading through the thread there on LK8000, I think this feature may have already been requested - but not yet confirmed possible, desired by the majority or added. Its a PG HG specific request.

Could we have airspace alts marked on the airspace overlay, maybe displayed at the edge of the airspace nearest to the glider position. Accessing the airspace details (extended press on the airspace) with gloved hands (or worse, mitts in winter) is difficult and often I find I've got the map zoomed out to 7.5K or more when flying between thermals to view my track vs approaching airspace, so the target is small!

I guess as PG/HG, I am mostly interested in flying around or under airspace, so if screen clutter is an issue, perhaps just displaying the airspace lower alt - if this is not SFC (surface) would help.

Maybe see what others think

Thanks!

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  20:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about using nearest airspace sideview?
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  21:16:19  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/airspaces-and-terrainobstacles-sideview.html
Go to Top of Page

sove
Pulcino

6 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2012 :  21:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nobody able to answer my question ?

in the meantime, somebody can share his experience with the V1 ? I'm expecting a pretty strange situation : at home and/or sim mode it works perfectly, tested 5 times in flight it crashed 4 out of 5 times... (freezing). any idea ?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  00:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
overlay are not configurable as you want, right now.
We are working on an alternate solution for custom overlays, but not for next versions.

What do you mean with "crash", the PNA froze and you could not do anything on it, apart resetting?
Go to Top of Page

Fonz
New Entry

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  09:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nearest Airspace Sideview is a very nice feature, great implementation, but not ideal on a PG for the reasons I mentioned above - I have to press one button and a small target (area) on the screen to access it, and a further small target area to return to the moving map - in gloves or mitts, its really tricky.

For some of the complex airspace we have to avoid in the UK, a map view with heights marked seems the most fuctional approach, many garmin users here have a moving map with lower alts marked on airspace.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  10:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have several airspaces one upon another, one inside another, and-or very closed to each other also, such as in crowdy areas like in the UK or in Germany, the map will not tell you anything with that approach. That approach works only for the case you dont need the information, because there is only one or few airspaces.

The sideview will tell you automatically the name and of airspace and you will know at a glance your position relative to it.
To "play" with airspaces, selecting them,viewing details, you can use 2.4 page also, and that's also turbulence proof.

Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  14:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you try the Airspace horizontal and vertical distance infoboxes? They are allways visible in the bottom bars on my setup (both during cruise and thermalling) :-) They will show the distance to the auto-detected "nearest", or to a fixed "selected" airspace. The auto detection of the nearest airspace may not be perfect, but I have had some good use of it already.
Go to Top of Page

sove
Pulcino

6 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  20:22:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

overlay are not configurable as you want, right now.
We are working on an alternate solution for custom overlays, but not for next versions.

What do you mean with "crash", the PNA froze and you could not do anything on it, apart resetting?

right, pna frozen (or responding after 1 minute... then working 10 seconds then frozen again, up to reset needed), only when flying... on the ground and sims everything ok.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  20:35:45  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, this is not the correct place to open bugs, and mix discussions.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Suggerimenti dello staff:

Note legali (italiano):
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960