PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 xcsoar is now split into 4 versions!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  23:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1= 5.2.4 version online.
2= lk8000
3= Russel King's version
4= Kellerman's and Wharington version.

Edited by - Coolwind on 25/09/2009 01:55:01

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  11:33:32  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What?!

Wouldn't be better if everyone worked in the same version?
Go to Top of Page

maxk
Pulcino

43 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  02:11:00  Show Profile  Visit maxk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paolo, you must have forgotten to mention why you decided to part from the XCSoar development team, to roll your own (illegal [distributed]) version of XCSoar.

http://www.nabble.com/Code-reorganization-td25433636.html

By the way, 5.2.4 is all but abandoned - what a cheap attempt to badmouth us in the public. 5.2.4 is the current stable version. Right now, the XCSoar development team is developing the next major version of XCSoar (nearly 1000 new patches already since 5.2.4). This will take some time, and until that is finished, 5.2.x is the supported version.

Max

Note from moderator (paolo): I am not going to argue on these matters anymore, but the expression "illegal version" is false and offensive. It was not correctly distributed, though.
First warning, max. You are not at home here.

Edited by - Coolwind on 15/09/2009 14:47:10
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  10:00:29  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paolo,

I read the news on your web page.
I think I'd call your release "C00L soaring"; what about?!
I'm offering to edit the graphics logo for the start-up screen.

- Enrico

- enrico

Edited by - freewing70 on 15/09/2009 10:00:47
Go to Top of Page

dcaielli
Aquilotto

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  12:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Max / Paolo, having a boring day at the office, i went through the chain of email published in Max' post above.
Have no plans to get involved in the discussion but feel the need to post this to make sure the PF forum does not become a battleground for personal battles: this forum is an rare island in the quagmire of internet forums/blogs. People here are polite, competent and helpful (and the PF team deserves the most credit for this).
- It is clear something, at some point, for some reason went wrong between you two. I blame the internet and email. I am sure if you were to meet up for a pint or a coffee things would get better.
- nobody should "own" xcsoar but you all should own your work and contribution. It is a right for the person that contributes to feel recognized and appreciated.
- i think everyone in the gliding community is grateful to the xcsoar dev team. Likewise they are of Paolo's work as in recent months it has been extraordinary. Really. The pace and quality of development together with the constant dialogue and support has no comparison. This type of work is what makes xcs a real option for gliding pilots
- dialogue between scott and Paolo in the email shows that you guys can still work together
As a glider pilot i believe the more you guys work together the better for us all. My simpathy and support goes to Paolo given what he has done for xcs and for this forum and i am sure the entire PF community thinks the same. Paolo could go alone and still give us a great product but it would be nevertheless a waste of time to have forked versions spawning up. Clarifying (not impose) ground rules for cooperation between each other, by recognizing the particular nature of Paolo work is probably a great way to restart.
A big thank you anyway for putting the effort into this project. Sometimes i get the impression many pilots "expect" things from you guys, when they don't realize they should only be grateful for work you put in during your spare time

Diego - LGC - ASW19B
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  14:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh com'on Max, in the end you are only changing the order of lines and files, and renaming functions ! You are adding 1000 bugs, hehe. But there's no need to go ahead on this matter. I am no more distributing publicy the version, so there is no reason for you to bother me anymore.
And in the end, probably both source codelines will mix up again. I don't approve the way this thing has happened, not the action itself.

Enjoy the 5.2.4, and say thanks. Otherwise please this is a private forum dedicated to lk8000, and you will be censored.

If you want to talk about source code, fine. I want to leave what's happened at my back. I suggest you do the same. Concentrate on the 6.0 source baseline, and make it work so that linux version will be ready too, and triadis maybe will be merged. I fear it's going to be a long work for all of you, and difficult, and I rather prefer to keep on working on the interface which is based on the old codeline.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertOne
Pterodattilo

Guatemala
2925 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  15:10:03  Show Profile  Visit AlbertOne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Urka Cool ...ho letto la storia..
ti han fatto proprio inca@@are!

Il buon lavoro e i buoni fini danno i loro frutti!
Continua cosi!

Albert
Go to Top of Page

dgtrecentowl
Aquila imperiale

Italy
633 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  16:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi max
What are you doing here?
This is a private place that called LK 8000 (that you would't)
so now you're out.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  17:00:53  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine only wish is that Paolo get back really soon with his great releases!
Go to Top of Page

Marshallman
Pulcino

62 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  20:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also second that :-)
Fantastic Software and works brilliant in Beta ;-)
Big Mike

G-DJMD
G-BMMP
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  20:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was an alpha!
Go to Top of Page

UncleTom
Pulcino

72 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  22:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paolo,

just went through the respective threads on the devel list and the only thing I can say is that I have seen similar "reorganisations" in my business life a couple of times. All were meant to turn the whole thing into a better one but in most cases ... you guess what. IMHO we'll have to wait a long time for a stable new original XCSoar.

I too second that your releases are far superior compared to the original branch and I'll continue using them regardless of some others complaining about it. If I ever meet you at some fine soaring place in the world, I'll be happy to buy your beer and lunch for that day!

Thanks for the outstanding work! Keep it up,
Tom

Only Pilots know why birds are singing!
Go to Top of Page

BigBird
Falchetto

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  09:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paolo,

I am using LK8000 from the beginning.
Your alfa version is running very well on Ipaq3xxx and PNA Medion with 5" display
- VL and Flarm as GPS sources. The GUI is far superior
If you need an additional tester for your new upcoming
alfa/beta releases I would be happy to support you.

bb

Go to Top of Page

Marshallman
Pulcino

62 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  11:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

That was an alpha!

Oops, slip of the tongue there ;-)

Big Mike

G-DJMD
G-BMMP
Go to Top of Page

volpe caterina
Pulcino

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  12:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool
I fully share Uncle's Tom view, including lunch and beer next time in Masera!
LK8000 is a great jump ahead,keep along.

Victor-XRay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy