PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Android studio __arm__ setting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aleit Posted - 23/07/2020 : 10:08:03
I successfully setup android studio to compile a debug lk8000 apk.

My problem is that that the conditional:
#ifdef __arm__

is always false when I run the apk in the target device (I'm working on color e-ink support).

So, all the code that depends on that conditional is not executed. What should I do to compile it properly? Unfortunately I am not familiar with C++ and android studio.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 26/07/2020 : 15:22:49
"DITHER" and "GREYSCALE" can't be defined for OpenGL Target and Android is OpenGl target.
aleit Posted - 26/07/2020 : 08:29:46
Could you give me a hint on the correct way to compile for android with DITHER and GREYSCALE defined?
aleit Posted - 25/07/2020 : 23:57:33
thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know!
brunotl Posted - 25/07/2020 : 17:05:23
abi depends of target device only, so for arm64 device "__arm__" is not defined, instead "__aarch64__" is defined ...
aleit Posted - 24/07/2020 : 12:11:59
I tried to set the abi:
menu Build -> Select Build Variant
then I set "Active ABI" to armeabi-v7a, rebuild everything, but didn't work: still __arm__ not defined.
Same thing for arm64-v8a.

I even tried doing:
menu Build -> Edit Build Types -> Variables -> :app -> new variable
set __arm__ to value "y"
with no luck :-(
aleit Posted - 23/07/2020 : 20:44:44
I don't know, I did not set it because I don't know what it is and how to set it.
I just exported the code from github, import it in android studio and then do Build -> Make Project from the menu.
I copied the generated file android-studio/app/build/outputs/apk/debug/LK8000-7.1p-debug.apk from the computer to the device and installed it, where it works except that #ifdef __arm__ parts are not taken into account.
The device where I test the apk is an HiSense A5 Pro CC.
By the way, I can't run LK8000 in the emulator because after it starts I just see a black screen (even tough sound and mouse clicks seem to work), I don't know if this is related.

brunotl Posted - 23/07/2020 : 20:23:22
what is the target device abi ?

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy