PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 CUP file's format upgrade

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alebu Posted - 18/06/2020 : 20:44:20
As far as I can see, looking to the waypoint files exported from current Seeyou release, the CUP format has been upgraded introducing few new fields: rwwidth, userdata, pics.

Previous format
name,code,country,lat,lon,elev,style,rwdir,rwlen,freq,desc

Current format
name,code,country,lat,lon,elev,style,rwdir,rwlen,rwwidth,freq,desc,userdata,pics

Unfortunately, this is not yet published on the Naviter internet site, where I can still find the format dated 2018.

As you can see "rwwidth" is now in position 10, moving "freq" and "desc" on the right. This causes a wrong data interpretation inLK8000 and the consequences are easily imaginable.

No body else did notice this format change, and the relevant issues in LK8000?

Regards,
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BravoLima Posted - 26/06/2020 : 15:58:03
I also used EXCEL to change the new cup format into an old cup format file.
It took some effort to place the commas and quotation marks and to save it again as a cup file, but in the end it worked out fine.
davesalmon Posted - 26/06/2020 : 13:49:54
A few years ago I started to use .cup files rather than the WinPilot2 format. However this put the TP name on the map rather than the trigraph (Code) we use in the UK. So I used Excel and a csv file to move the Code to be the first field on the line, which then showed it up on the map. Since then Tim Newport-Peace has devised a small program that does this transformation at the click of a button. So the .cup file can be manipulated if needed.
brunotl Posted - 26/06/2020 : 11:04:21
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

Without a sample file, we can't do anything. We don't have SeeYou!

files was added to this issue :
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1466
BravoLima Posted - 26/06/2020 : 10:50:47
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaLima

See this dropboxlink for my basic waypoint file of The Netherlands: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h8ovofdqnljfoh4/AAC9kqOv43GH3kAoO9d4xMKga?dl=0

Added "txt" to the cup extension to make it a textfile (remove txt and it is cup again).
(OF = Old Format / NF = New Format)
AlphaLima Posted - 26/06/2020 : 10:22:38
BravoLima Posted - 26/06/2020 : 10:02:24
As far as I can tell, there is only a problem with the data after "rwlen". For example, no frequency is shown in the map.
The turning point position and elevation is displayed correctly.

Will the next beta version (or the long-awaited stable version) receive a cup format upgrade?
aleit Posted - 19/06/2020 : 19:00:29
I don't think I can attach it here in the forum, so I sent it to you by email
brunotl Posted - 19/06/2020 : 11:32:56
that is the problem with prorietary file format...

can you send a sample file ?
aleit Posted - 19/06/2020 : 09:12:05
Yes, I noticed that change and can confirm that with the new format some data is wrongly loaded in LK8000.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy