PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Next ETE before Task Starts - Grand Prix Start

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JBlyth Posted - 20/05/2020 : 09:48:10
I have been flying a lot of Condor Races with LK8000 recently with a number being Grand Prix type starts.

It appears that the Next ETE data box in not filled until after the Task starts which makes it difficult to time a Grand Prix start accurately as there is no Time to Start Line.

I have been made aware that this facility is available in the Paraglider/Hang Glider mode.

Can Next ETE be made available prior to a Task Start in the Glider Mode. I guess it would be a bad idea to fly a glider in Hang Glider Mode?

See VERY old posts:-
https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3224 (2009)
https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5385 (2011)

Cheers - yet again ;-)
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
parapenT1sta Posted - 03/06/2020 : 23:06:22
JBLyth,
I asked Bruno to take a look in your report and also in my suggestion regarding the Time Gates button not showing after Grand Pix is selected. If he releases a new version I will share it with you. Thank you for testing it.
JBlyth Posted - 03/06/2020 : 02:05:06
quote:
Originally posted by parapenT1sta

The file is not public.

Sorry. Fixed. I presumed that anything in the Public folder was Public ;-)

Cheers
John
parapenT1sta Posted - 02/06/2020 : 17:19:39
The file is not public.
JBlyth Posted - 02/06/2020 : 03:23:47
Hi @brunotl,

I have updated my testing documentation with the "Grand Prix" version that parapenT1sta compiled for me.

See the images and commentary at:-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eBTtpAFdW5Td-il2BOuK-VSRVStexlpC/view?usp=sharing

In yesterday's Condor Race using that version and with a non-Grand Prix start, the track line pointed off the map and not to the first turn point after the start line, and didn't "lock' to the second turn point either.

However, after the second turn point, the track line did point correctly at the finish line. In the "Standard" non-Grand Prix version, this error does not occur.

I am very happy to continue testing....

Cheers
parapenT1sta Posted - 01/06/2020 : 14:39:52
JBlyth,

I think the right person to help you is Bruno. Try to make a screenshot of the new version and the regular version to compare. And tell the exact time that it happens. More details helps tracing the bug.
JBlyth Posted - 01/06/2020 : 13:30:13
Thanks parapenT1sta,

It is only when a task is set, otherwise Next ETE works correctly. Which is a little weird.

BUT - I think I have found another Bug in the version you compiled for me.

Here is a link to the IGC file and the Task I flew in a Condor 2 competition today with Gliding New Zealand.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j1heS2zPRsL_UtAKWghaBn7YqB65NE2F

I had a very strange occurrence today, as the purple track line points well past the first waypoint, and even when the waypoint is changed after it is rounded, the track lline still points in the wrong direction. The distance to run is correct, but the track line continues to point in totally the wrong direction. It did point to the start line correctly. (not a Grand Prix start)

If I run the IGC file as a replay in the "normal" version of LK8000 everything works as expected, but if I use your recently compiled version, the "Track line" to the turn points points out into the ocean for thousands of kilometres and doesn't change as the turn points change. A very confusing occurrence!

If I can help further in any way. Please ask...

Cheers
parapenT1sta Posted - 01/06/2020 : 12:19:04
I can be wrong but for example we cannot also get Altitude Arrival for the Start with LK8000 on paragliding mode and it could be related to your issue with NEXT ETE.
parapenT1sta Posted - 01/06/2020 : 12:06:36
I have seen that since the beginning and I think it's to be read "WRONG SIDE"... then "out" it means that you are out when you should be in or vice versa.

Basically trying to give you all the information in two words.
JBlyth Posted - 01/06/2020 : 06:28:25
I have had a quick look and tested a couple of starts with Condor 2, and the bugs I noted last time seem to have been beautifully resolved - except for the possible mis-capitalisation of WRONG outSIDE. However, it could be that that is a special term that I am unfamiliar with.

See image two in https://drive.google.com/open?id=13JL0wbHBC1F2qgpDPPa05puGWeX-2LKE

Although it is outside the topic of Grand Prix time gates, if you have time, could you explain why the NEXT ETE is not populated prior to starting a task as mentioned earlier. It would be nice to have a "time to go" to the start line even for non-Grand Prix types of starts....

Cheers

JBlyth Posted - 01/06/2020 : 03:17:15
Thanks. I will test it today and get back to you!

Cheers
parapenT1sta Posted - 01/06/2020 : 02:15:26
@brunotl

I just notice that if we select Grand Pix, we need to exit the Task Menu and open it again to see Time Gates option on the menu. Can you make it to appear as soon we select Gran Pix on the first waypoint?
parapenT1sta Posted - 01/06/2020 : 01:44:13
@JBlyth

Can you download the new update? The bugs you found are already fixed.
parapenT1sta Posted - 24/05/2020 : 18:26:35
I think you can report it here or if you want you can open a GitHub ticket.

Here is the best place to do it because it's a unofficial release.
JBlyth Posted - 23/05/2020 : 07:13:52
Thank you parapenT1sta,

I have downloaded the updated version.

I have done some early testing using Condor 2. What is the best way for me to report back?

In the mean time, I have done a small .docx report which can be found here:-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13JL0wbHBC1F2qgpDPPa05puGWeX-2LKE

One of my other queries was why the "Next ETE" was not showing the time remaining to the Start of a Task (as in flying time - not count down). Is this by design or has it been overlooked.

parapenT1sta Posted - 22/05/2020 : 22:06:39
I just uploaded the new version with a fix for the Type of Task Duplicated. The link is the same.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy