PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 General questions on racing, race preparation & XC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Slople Posted - 06/09/2019 : 13:16:06
Hey :-)

winter is coming, so I'm thinking about what software to use next year. I do racing and XC with my paraglider and want to use the same setup everytime to better get used to it.

So, I tried LK8000 and have some questions. It would be awesome if even some of them could be answered:

1. is there any way to connect a Kobo to a Mac (OSX), run some flight sim (which) and use its NMEA-stream and get to know LK8000 better like this?
2. why does it show every file twice, once with ._ and once without?
3. if I added a waypoint as goal by accident, can I change that without removing it?
4. is there another way to connect to Mac/PC via USB apart from going to Nickel?
5. one more broad / general question: When racing a task, all calculations on when I can reach the next turnpoint are based on my expected L/D, current height and height of turnpoint. But what is the turnpoint-height? I mean: We here in Switzerland have turnpoints in terrains with really big elevation changes, so depending on where (X/Y) I reach a turnpoint, I need a totally different height. How is this generally handled? Is this calculation based only on the height given in the waypoints-file? If so, the calculation would be basically useless, or am I missing something?
6. What does the button „free flight“ do? Is it to switch to non-planned XC?
7. Does FAI-triangle-optimizer work also without a planned task?

Thank you so much!
Raphael
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Slople Posted - 10/09/2019 : 08:12:14
Thank you so much, Bruno!
I'll try it on some shorter flights now in fall. Still looking for the best settings to use it on a Kobo...
brunotl Posted - 06/09/2019 : 18:01:23
1 : you can look around gpsfeed+ : https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsfeed/
2 : explaned here : https://www.cnet.com/news/invisible-files-with-prefix-are-created-on-some-shared-volumes-and-external-disks/
3 : yes, by editing or clearing Task
4 : not without hacking kobo startup script
5 : altitude of "turnpoint center" is altitude defined int wypoint files, altitude of optimized point id calculated using terrain data
6 : se to force end of towing or winching in glider mode : useless for paragliders
7 : yes, of course ...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy