PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK8000 receipes ... Q & A for LK8000

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ernst-dieter Posted - 04/08/2019 : 17:35:26
Dear all,

at

http://www.lk8000.it/download/manuals.html

you can find (and download) the new text

"LK8000 Recipies for Glider pilots"

which may help you mastering LK8000 in a "Question & Anwer style"

Short answers on pestering questions ....

Enjoy!

Comments, hints and further suggestion are welcome!

I am very grateful to Brad Alston, who did proofreading and corrected my “german” english to a more readable one.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
davesalmon Posted - 08/08/2019 : 18:22:51
I'm using the Nokia 8 with 7.1c, and it talks to me. Well it sounds like Paolo saying "Safety" at 400ft on the launch.
AlphaLima Posted - 08/08/2019 : 17:45:43
1.) Correct, LK8000 does not say but write "Landing"
2.) Correct ProSoar does remove additional informations, however landable informations are still in the waypoint file, so it does not need to be in the task file as well.

There are other tools like StrePla, SeeYou, XC Planer and of course LK8000 itself.

But I agree, since my latest changes in the Task system ProSoar does not really have advantages over LK8000, especially because ProSoar does not support OpenAIP Files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VeQFbUSlg
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 08/08/2019 : 16:09:50
Very nice FAQ! Thanks for this very useful document...

But.. a quick scan already revealed some errors, at least for my situation, LK8000 stable version 7.0 on Nokia 8 Android (updated to the latest greatest Android 9 PIE) device, connected to a red box flarm via wifi module:

LK8000 does not talk to me, it never has.. After landing you must wait for the Chime "ding-dong" Like they use in commercial aircraft to call the attendant. So it does not say "Landing" . I know somebody here has developed a voice module for LK8000, maybe you have adopted that, but voice is NOT a standard feature (yet) on LK8000 :-)

In the AAT section you somewhere added the TIP to plan a task online in ProSoar, and download the CUP file and open this task in LK8000... I have done that a few years ago, and works in principle quite well.. BUT most additional info on these waypoints (airports most of the time) is then lost, like radio frequencies, runway length, ProSoar only adds the name, coordinates, runway direction and elevation, that is all.. It loses the landable tag, so the waypoint is seen as a non landable site.. And with me using the radio frequencies data to manipulate my radio directly from LK8000 this downloading from Prosoar is a NOGO for me... I still use ProSoar for planning, but adding the waypoints I do manually in LK8000.

Therefore I strongly advise to remove the ProSoar download task hint.
Alf Posted - 05/08/2019 : 13:02:11
Beautiful, thanks!

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy