PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Bluetooth Keyboards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheEnlightenedFlorist Posted - 17/12/2018 : 05:20:17
Hello all. As a winter project, I've been creating a custom bluetooth controller for LK8000. I'm using an Adafruit nRF52 connected to an Android 7.0 phone running the latest version of LK8000. The controller simply acts as an HID keyboard and sends the appropriate key when a button or joystick is pressed as described here. I'm using it as a "Keyboard 3"

I've tested most functionality and it all seems to work except for three things:

My device sends the HID code for "spacebar" and I can confirm that it is received correctly by the phone by opening a text editor and seeing the spaces added. In LK8000, the button doesn't move the minimap to the right. It does, however, select the highlighted button in a dialog. For example, the "Close" button in the Oracle. I have tried all 3 types of keyboard and get the same behavior.

I also cannot get the "enter" button to work. From what I understand both Shift and Control must be pressed simultaneously. I've tried every combination of left shift, right shift, left control and right control, but haven't got this to work. With some combinations, I do get "down" and "next page" when pressing the button.

Lastly, while in a dialog, the up and down keys don't cycle through the highlighted button. This isn't explicitly stated on the webpage, but it's how I would expect to cycle through buttons using a controller.

If possible, could someone who is using a bluetooth keyboard confirm that theirs is working correctly? And could the developers specify exactly which HID codes they are looking for from keyboards?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheEnlightenedFlorist Posted - 17/12/2018 : 12:29:27
According to the documentation "right" (spacebar) is used to select items on a dialog screen. And in fact, it does. What it doesn't do is move the minimap right. #128513;

If "right" is used to select an item, it obviously can't be used to cycle through items.
brunotl Posted - 17/12/2018 : 09:57:41
quote:
Originally posted by TheEnlightenedFlorist

Lastly, while in a dialog, the up and down keys don't cycle through the highlighted button. This isn't explicitly stated on the webpage, but it's how I would expect to cycle through buttons using a controller.

you need to use left/right instead of up/down

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy