PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 CUPX

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rflantua Posted - 11/03/2018 : 23:34:03
Hi guys,

THX a lot for all your work, looking forward to install V7.0.

Any plans to support CUPX file for waypoints?

Rob
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
obetz Posted - 01/08/2023 : 10:44:31
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

I am puzzled why we need detailed maps and turnpoint pictures.

pictures can be very helpful for outlanding sites.
davesalmon Posted - 28/07/2023 : 17:24:44
I fully accept that it is each to his own, but I am puzzled why we need detailed maps and turnpoint pictures. These days we fly to gps waypoints, LK8000 shows us exactly where we are, so we don't need to navigate by ground features as we used to in the good old days. Flying in flat/ hill country, not mountains, I even turn terrain off.
brunotl Posted - 28/07/2023 : 16:33:53
welcome back in the past when interoperabilty and non-standard file format was the rule ...

JBlyth Posted - 28/07/2023 : 03:41:56
From the Naviter WebsiteL-
https://downloads.naviter.com/docs/SeeYou_CUPX_file_format.pdf

SeeYou CUPX file format
Copyright © 2019, Naviter d.o.o. All Rights Reserved
CUPX format is an extension of the cup format. It is actually a combination of two ZIP files combined in a

CUPX file.
It can be created by
copy /b pics.zip + points.zip test.cupx
or on linux
cat pics.zip points.zip > test.cupx
The first ZIP file (pics.zip) contains all the images in JPG format in the pics/ folder.
The second ZIP file (points.zip) contains POINTS.CUP that cointains the waypoints with filenames of pictures
corresponding to points in the pics column of the CUP file (without folder name).

My CupXTools app in the Microsoft Store is a free utility that creates and "unpacks" CupX files into their .CUP and image files. Up to four Google Earth images for each waypoint can be automatically generated for each waypoint at different zoom levels. Generally, two images per waypoint is sufficient.

See https://cupxtools.wixsite.com/cupxtools for more information.

For best compatibility, the latest .CUP file header format needs to be used.

name,code,country,lat,lon,elev,style,rwdir,rwlen,freq,desc,userdata,pics

CupX Tools helps with that as well.

I am happy to make available the code that splits a CupX file into it's respective image and waypoint files. In a nutshell, it uses a Simple Boyer-Moore Binary Search to find the joining point of the two zipped files, and splits the files at that point.....

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon, Western Australia
brunotl Posted - 26/07/2023 : 16:35:32
Cupx file format is undocumented proprietary format...
Steveau Posted - 26/07/2023 : 09:51:49
Hi,
Is there any movement on supporting .CUPX format.
It would be great to be bale to see photos of the airfeilds your goign to land at. We are actively measuring the length and width of the paddocks and airstrips as images so they can be seen. I understand LX is the only device that can do this at the moment i.e. supports cupx.
This is important when flying in Australia as many strip could fit a 15m glider but probably not a 20+m glider.
Especially in the remote regions.

I've started loading/registering airfields in https://landewiesen.streckenflug.at/ for southern Australia as you can output .CUPX files fro mthe site and have other users collaborate and add to them.
I've added 240 this winter wit ha few hundred to go.
Cheers
JBlyth Posted - 21/03/2020 : 05:42:15
Has there been any progress with the CUPX format for LK8000?

I have been writing up a few scripts to automatically generate CUPX files from CUP file data, with the option to import the relevant images (up to 4 per waypoint at various zoom levels) from Google Maps.

If there is any interest, I could probably doodle up an app to do it automatically...

Note that there are additional data fields in the CUPX format for LX Nav, but I have programmed around that.....

Cheers
John - in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
rflantua Posted - 28/03/2018 : 22:30:32
Hi Guys,

If you give me your mail adres, I'll send you the CUPX file I generated for outlanding fields in the French Alps.

AlphaLima Posted - 15/03/2018 : 19:56:04
Hmm,
zipped pictures. I'll see what I can do.

BravoLima Posted - 15/03/2018 : 08:53:42
Information about a cupx converter:
www.sjhaley.com/cupx/createcupx.htm
AlphaLima Posted - 14/03/2018 : 23:49:52
Hi Rob,
can you provide some CUPX Files, so that we can check out?
Is there any format documentation available?

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy