PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Confusing program installation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BravoLima Posted - 08/01/2023 : 20:37:54
A new version 7.4.1 has been released for LK8000 and LK8000 Beta.
Both files were downloaded from the Google PlayStore and subsequently installed on my Samsung S21 FE.

LK8000 was installed first:
Internal Storage/
Android/
data/
org.lk8000.beta/
files/

then LK8000 Beta was installed:
Internal Storage/
Android/
data/
org.lk8000.test/
files/

The data files (such as airspace and waypoint) that I placed in LK8000 were also apparently (automatically) placed in the same folders in LK8000 Beta.

Is the installation on my Samsung correct and why are these confusing path names used?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 09/01/2023 : 13:58:53
quote:

Are the path names created by Android or is it provided that way by LK8000?

created by Android, can't be modified by app...

quote:

How is it possible that the data files in LK8000 automatically appear in LK8000 Beta? After all, these are two different installations.

as it is explained in popup shown on first launch after upgrade content of /LK8000/ was moved to internal app storage...

BravoLima Posted - 09/01/2023 : 12:37:11
Are the path names created by Android or is it provided that way by LK8000?

How is it possible that the data files in LK8000 automatically appear in LK8000 Beta? After all, these are two different installations.

Basically I use the beta version and fall back to the stable version if necessary.

davesalmon Posted - 09/01/2023 : 11:26:56
Because a year or two ago Android said it had to be done that way. Do they both work OK, if they do then it is correct. You don't need both, if you always want the latest, use the beta, and update when something new comes out, if not use the stable version.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy