PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 Accuracy of displayed waypoints

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BravoLima Posted - 26/12/2022 : 10:28:54
Is it possible to improve the accuracy of cup-format waypoint positions?
Below an Openair airspace file and a SeeYou waypoint both have the same geographical position but are displayed differently (waypoint symbol position relative to center of area). In addition, the symbol position seems to be shifting depending on the zoom level.

Openair txt format:
Danger Area = Hang/Paragliding winching location

AC Q
AN PGL NUMANSDORP
AH 1500FT MSL
AL SFC
V X=51:45:11 N 004:27:20 E
DC 1

SeeYou cup format:
Waypoint (M) = MLA-site

"(M)",(M),NL,5145.183N,00427.333E,,1,,,,"","AGRICULTURAL ACFT J.A.P. BOGAERDS NUMANSDORP",,

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BravoLima Posted - 06/01/2023 : 07:41:29
Thanks, I've installed the new beta v7.4.1 and noticed that the offset was removed.
brunotl Posted - 05/01/2023 : 09:49:34
- the offset is already removed for the next release : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/commit/0bd913caa33ca3a5b3d014762b8cc126130d8939
- issues was created to remember to draw symbol over the task and target line : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1603
BravoLima Posted - 04/01/2023 : 14:28:54
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

initialy it's just to declutering, if you set your turnpoint as goto, the end of purple line is at the right place and don't overwrite the symbol, when symbol is just a "dot", this could look wrong, but when it's others (tower/bridge/thermal/...) symbol that can look good...
it's choice made by someone long years ago, we can remove the offset and set the center of symbol on the right TP position.

What if the purple trackline between the start and end waypoint is trimmed or shown in the background (symbol on top)? Waypoint symbols are then not overwritten and an offset is not necessary.
BravoLima Posted - 30/12/2022 : 13:21:36
Thanks for the explanation, it's clear now.
Personally I would have removed the offset, but if this raises new questions then this is not necessary.
brunotl Posted - 30/12/2022 : 12:35:04
initialy it's just to declutering, if you set your turnpoint as goto, the end of purple line is at the right place and don't overwrite the symbol, when symbol is just a "dot", this could look wrong, but when it's others (tower/bridge/thermal/...) symbol that can look good...
it's choice made by someone long years ago, we can remove the offset and set the center of symbol on the right TP position.
BravoLima Posted - 29/12/2022 : 16:14:18
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

non landable turnpoint bitmap symbol is shifted right by 5 pixel ( unrelated to zoom level or anything else ...)

Why this inaccuracy, what is the purpose?
Can this be corrected, set to 0 pixel?
brunotl Posted - 29/12/2022 : 16:03:24
non landable turnpoint bitmap symbol is shifted right by 5 pixel ( unrelated to zoom level or anything else ...)

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy