PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Does LK have a "route around terrain" function?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JBlyth Posted - 06/12/2022 : 05:11:43
It is my understanding that XCSoar has a "route around terrain" function, which is very useful for threading through/around mountainous terrain - especially in the Condor Glider Simulation where you are not going to die if you make an error.

Is there such a function in LK8000? I can't say I have seen a similar function in LK, but it would be very useful if there was.

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 11/12/2022 : 12:25:15
I remember we discussed that years ago and we ended up not to encourage people to fly into unknown terrain that easily can become a trap.
If there is more than one way arround, it is hard to decide what it the better orsafer way.
aleit Posted - 08/12/2022 : 10:15:52
Even if not 100% reliable (because of wind etc.), tt would still be useful in some situations
JBlyth Posted - 06/12/2022 : 14:54:22
Many Thanks, Bre901.

As usual, you are a wonderful source of useful information. A few Condor Pilots have mentioned it after I got stuck in some virtual mountains of the past few days.

It sounded just too good to be true ;-)....
Bre901 Posted - 06/12/2022 : 10:30:38
As a regular user of XCSoar (only with Condor, I don't fly IRL anymore) I have to say that the "route around the terrain" in XCSoar is not as useful as it seems because it does not take the wind into account and often shows paths that go around the terrain on the lee side of the mountains.

I guess it would be more complicated to have the algorithm avoid theses zones

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy