PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Task Finishing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kai Posted - 05/08/2022 : 17:09:06
Currently I am at a competition. Task finish is defined as a 5km circle.
I always arrived higher than supposed. Therefore I tried a simple task in simulator mode. What I see is, that the task finish calulation refers to the middle of the finish circle. In my opinion it should refer to the finish of the task, that is the circle line at 5km, because the arrivle hight is defined at this cirle (here 170m airfield elevation + 300m = 470MSL).
Is there a way to adopt the setup?
Thank you for help!
Kai
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kai Posted - 07/05/2023 : 15:51:14
:)
Merci
brunotl Posted - 07/05/2023 : 02:40:08
I will try ...
Kai Posted - 05/05/2023 : 22:01:00
Thank you for the fix, Bruno!
May I count on a 7.4.5. with keyhole and this fix for the nationals :) ?

Kai Posted - 04/05/2023 : 17:45:28
I made a video for you:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1613
brunotl Posted - 04/05/2023 : 15:15:31
i can't reproduce your problem with finih radius,

create an issues on github to describe how to reproduce step by step including screenshot... https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues

Kai Posted - 04/05/2023 : 10:43:53
Thank you for your answer Bruno!
German nationals are in three weeks.
Could you recreate the finishpoint storing problem (Cirle setting not storable)?

brunotl Posted - 03/05/2023 : 21:50:57
with Default task all calculation is made using tp center, it's complicated to change that ...

if i find time i could look to add keyhole sector type to GP task type.

manual is waiting for volunteers ... (same for translation ...)

the "[L]" in task editor is for Landable turnpoint
Kai Posted - 03/05/2023 : 00:09:41
There are two types of tasks at e.g. national gliding competitions: AAT and racing tasks. Racing tasks are similar to grand prix tasks. But at german nationals we fly racing tasks with the DAe 0.5/10 option at the waypoints which I can not find in grand prix task setting.
BTW: I do not find the current manual for the 7.4.1... Could you help me with a link please ;) (I do not know some new things like the [L] behind the task waypoints)
brunotl Posted - 02/05/2023 : 23:52:01
i don't know what you call "racing tasks", but if you wants to have task calculation made using shortest path through turnpoint cylinder instead of turnpoint center, you need to use "Grand Prix" task type ...

i will check for the default finish radius after restart, but it should be saved with the task...
Kai Posted - 02/05/2023 : 23:14:07
Two things:
I have the task type "default". I think this is what you need for racing tasks at competitions, isn't it?
I want to have the finish point as 5km-circle. It can be set in task editor but when I restart LK8000 the circle setting for the finish is forgotton! I think it is a bug. This happens even if this setting is done via "LK8000 Setup".
brunotl Posted - 02/05/2023 : 13:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

@Kai : it's depends of task type with beta version, ( if i remenber correctly i've send to you a custom version for Grand Prix task )

now the beta and stable are the same, so, it depends of task type in both version ...
Kai Posted - 01/05/2023 : 20:14:08
Hi,
I just checked the behaviour of the new version (7.4.1) regarding this issue. It is still there. Don't you think it is a bug if the displayed assumed task arrival height does not refere to the specified task?
Thank you and best regards Kai
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 20/08/2022 : 20:26:50
quote:
Originally posted by Kai

I did not set safety height to something. It is always set to zero. In task rules I set the finish min height to 300m. If you fly a task in simulator mode with this settings, you will see that the difference-height of the task refers to the center. At the finish circle you will arrive higher. This is what happens in a real finish too. These statements refer to version 7.2.1
Best, Kai

Ok good to have this out of the way, I will check too and see what happens. One thing for sure when I crossed the finish ring LK8000 did sound the usual beeps, and it also shows on the screen the circle is the finish.. So its a bit odd that then the center is used for the calculations.
Kai Posted - 18/08/2022 : 16:59:47
I did not set safety height to something. It is always set to zero. In task rules I set the finish min height to 300m. If you fly a task in simulator mode with this settings, you will see that the difference-height of the task refers to the center. At the finish circle you will arrive higher. This is what happens in a real finish too. These statements refer to version 7.2.1
Best, Kai
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 17/08/2022 : 17:06:25
Just my 2 cents,

did you establish the finish height by setting the safety height to 470m MSL? If so, yes then the center of the circle is used in the calculations

I think it will work as intended when you set in the task rules (config 2/3 System Setup page 14, click button 'task rules') the 'Finish Min. Height' to 300m (finish minimum height is defined in AGL, see HELP) and 'safety height' to 0 (config 2/3 System Setup page 6).
I have used this during a competition a few weeks ago and I had the impression it worked fine this way (LK8000 stable version)

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy