PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 XCRemote ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ASMiller Posted - 09/12/2021 : 11:15:12
Any experience with XCRemote yet?
Looks nice.

They SAY it works with LK8000.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ventti Posted - 22/02/2024 : 11:35:37
Markus from XCNAV was kind to give me a call to explain that my old Oudie does not support the required version of BT, thank's!

So here is now a good reason to search for a new better PNA to run LK8000 :-)

BR V-M

quote:
Originally posted by Ventti

Hi,

I have problems connecting the XCREMOTE with my Oudie Lite running LK8000. Bluetooth Lookup does not find the XCREMOTE for pairing, although it does find other devices like my phone. Also the XCREMOTE connects to my phone and I can run LK8000 there.

Any suggestions to fix this, or should I just forget the old Oudie and look for another device to run LK8000?

BR Veli-Matti

Ventti Posted - 18/02/2024 : 10:59:06
Hi,

I have problems connecting the XCREMOTE with my Oudie Lite running LK8000. Bluetooth Lookup does not find the XCREMOTE for pairing, although it does find other devices like my phone. Also the XCREMOTE connects to my phone and I can run LK8000 there.

Any suggestions to fix this, or should I just forget the old Oudie and look for another device to run LK8000?

BR Veli-Matti
Xcnav.de Posted - 04/07/2022 : 00:53:29
quote:
Originally posted by JBlyth

Can you point me to the keyboard profile in LK8000 please? I can't seem to find any keyboard file in my LK PC installation.

I don't use Steam, but I guess I can work work with my HOTAS profile to send whatever is required.

Many thanks,
John

Sorry John for replying late.
Check on the LK8000 website for Keyboard Setup under:

Home > Learn LK8000 > Mini bluetooth keyboards

Rgds Markus
JBlyth Posted - 09/06/2022 : 07:12:50
Can you point me to the keyboard profile in LK8000 please? I can't seem to find any keyboard file in my LK PC installation.

I don't use Steam, but I guess I can work work with my HOTAS profile to send whatever is required.

Many thanks,
John
Xcnav.de Posted - 07/06/2022 : 13:57:06
try to remap your specific buttons according to the keyboard profiles in LK8000 with steam controller for windows.
Rgds
JBlyth Posted - 06/06/2022 : 07:07:29
Hi Marcus,

I apologise. I didn't give you sufficient information. What I would like to do is to use my Warthog HOTAS and Joystick more effectively with LK8000 when using Condor 2 and LK8000 on a PC with a Virtual Reality Quest 2 headset.

I currently use AutoHotKey to momentarily make LK8000 active, click the screen as required with further AutoHotKey mouse commands, then make Condor 2 the active window again.

Ideally, I would like to be able to control the LK8000 screen more effectively than happens with AutoHotKey. LK8000 "Custom Keys" work nicely, as do other "Menu" clicks, but actual screen mouse clicks for zooming in and out and changing the bottom menus is not so reliable - at least when LK8000 is pinned into the VR video.

I can see how your beautiful stick is, but what I am looking for is the command control codes to somehow add to my HOTAS rather than another stick controller.

Cheers, John
Xcnav.de Posted - 06/06/2022 : 04:18:16
Check the github Page above to get an overview above the function.At https://en.xcnav.de you can find a description of XCREMOTE and our new Android based Navigation system runnuing LK8000 as well and wich will be released soon.
Rgds Markus
quote:
Originally posted by aleit

quote:
Originally posted by Xcnav.de
According to Bruno, there maybe a own selectable setting topic for XCREMOTE as well.

I was already considering equipping a new glider with LK8000 as its main navigator: if it had an officially supported remote stick, the choice would be a no-brainer.

Xcnav.de Posted - 06/06/2022 : 04:15:11
Hi John,
sure it works as well with the PC Version of LK8000. it is nothing more than a clever BT HID device.
Rgds Markus
quote:
Originally posted by JBlyth

Hi Marcus,

Do you know of anyway to use XCRemote or its sub-files with the PC version of LK80000?

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

aleit Posted - 03/06/2022 : 14:23:22
quote:
Originally posted by Xcnav.de
According to Bruno, there maybe a own selectable setting topic for XCREMOTE as well.

I was already considering equipping a new glider with LK8000 as its main navigator: if it had an officially supported remote stick, the choice would be a no-brainer.
JBlyth Posted - 31/05/2022 : 06:25:17
Hi Marcus,

Do you know of anyway to use XCRemote or its sub-files with the PC version of LK80000?

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
Xcnav.de Posted - 29/05/2022 : 22:04:49
quote:
Originally posted by ASMiller

Any experience with XCRemote yet?
Looks nice.

They SAY it works with LK8000.

Hi, this is Markus from XCNAV.

Yes it works fine with LK8000 present Version. A few minor "cosmetical" issues wich will be fixed in coming version. According to Bruno, there maybe a own selectable setting topic for XCREMOTE as well.

XCREMOTE suports the basic functions such as main mappages swipe left right
Zoom in/out
Suppages swap
Bottom line menu swap
plus 5 keys calling up the first 5 topics of LK8000 User menu wich is freely configurable.
A setup guide and function overview can be found at
https://github.com/XCNav/XCRemote/wiki/XCRemote-Instalation-Guide-for-XCSoar-and-LK8000
Regards Markus
brunotl Posted - 10/12/2021 : 16:41:11
No Idea, but if they say it work i hope they have have tested and they have documented what functions is bind on each key...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy