PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 EC - Sky Echo interface

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThermalBuddy Posted - 13/11/2021 : 18:19:22
I have bought a uAvionix Sky Echo Electronic Conspicuity device and use it when I'm instructing in the General aviation environment. It is something I think would be extremely useful with the LK8000/kobo when I'm hang gliding as it is so portable and easy to use. It interfaces with the Sky Demon application really well via a WiFi connection. You see ADSB traffic and other Sky Echo users on the screen. Is this something that could be interfaced with LK8000? Sky Echo not only receives and transmits ADSB signals but can also receives FLARM. Recieved signals are placed on the moving map screen in the Sky Demon App so you can see other aircraft operating nearby.

I think there could be many benefits to LK8000 interfacing with the Sky Echo device. If deemed of interest to the software engineering team I would be more than happy to approach the Sky Demon and Sky Echo folk and make initial enquiries to how difficult the interface is?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
davesalmon Posted - 24/03/2023 : 11:53:32
Has there been any progress?
brunotl Posted - 03/06/2022 : 00:05:47
to do anything we need device...

github issues : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1575
evanspj Posted - 02/06/2022 : 23:53:57
Has there been any progress on connecting a SkyEcho2 to LK8000?
ThermalBuddy Posted - 07/02/2022 : 12:24:05
Okay I will contact uAvionix and ask nicely!
brunotl Posted - 06/02/2022 : 16:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by ThermalBuddy

I will send you my one, where can I send it?

loan or donation ?

to be able to do a long term support of device we need to have access to it permanently...

ThermalBuddy Posted - 06/02/2022 : 15:19:37
I will send you my one, where can I send it?
brunotl Posted - 06/02/2022 : 13:36:05
if anyone want to work on, i can help.
issues : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/1575

i can't do it without device...
ThermalBuddy Posted - 05/02/2022 : 15:42:08
Who would I need to contact to see if there is a way forward to interfacing ADSB contacts (potentially other hang glider pilots) via the Sky Echo unit to LK8000? I am happy to lend my unit to achieve this or even see if I can gather a local team of programmers. I think it will be an interesting and exciting development.
ThermalBuddy Posted - 14/11/2021 : 11:53:07
Okay excellent, I think this feature would be amazing and set LK8000 even further ahead of the rest. Not only would you see other ADSB traffic but if you're flying with a friend who had a Sky Echo too you would be able to see where and how high they were ;)

I will try to sort out a device to be sent to you. Worst case I will send mine. Where shall I send it?
brunotl Posted - 13/11/2021 : 23:59:30
after quick look on SkyEcho documentation, interface proptocol seem's to b GDL-90, this protocol look well documented so it's possible to make interface.

like forl all other device, we need device to test the implementation...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy