PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Changing MC Setting using the BT Keyboard

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
N2cee Posted - 09/01/2022 : 18:06:22
Hi all,

is there anyone who can tell me how to get into the LK8000 menu using the keyboard in order to e.g. change the MC setting?

Once when I'm in the main menu (select Menu by touch) I'm able to navigate with the arrow keys but unfortunately the corresponding button (MC, +0.5, OK) cannot be confirmed neither using the LEFT-SHIFT key nor the 'Enter' key that allows to confirm a 'button' in the Airport screen (Goto, Set Alternate, Details, Task, ....)

As I do not use a real keyboard but generate the 'keys' by an arduino sketch, even a specific code to send is of interest.

Any hint is welcome.

Claus
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JBlyth Posted - 14/04/2022 : 16:37:13
Hi Brunoti,

Is there any chance of getting the Bottom Menu Forward/Back and Cycle MultiMaps added to the Custom Commands? I think that might make all the important commands available to the keyboard in one way or another I think.

I have updated to the PC version 7.3.13 from Github.

I see the version 7.3.12 had a line:-
. Improve keyboard navigation
but I cannot figure out what the changes were - perhaps only to the Android version???

See another thread on using LK8000 within Virtual Reality with Condor 2.
https://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=0.533333333333333&TOPIC_ID=9304#72977

Many thanks,
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
brunotl Posted - 13/01/2022 : 17:21:39
quote:
Originally posted by N2cee
What I (finally) found out is, that using device = keyboard1/2/3 does NOT support navigation via menu by F1/up-down/enter at the same time.
Latter one is only possible when device=generic. But in this case jumping to the multi pages is not possible/not this easy. Is this correct? I cannot mix both?

right, i see 2 problem with keyboard1/2/3/A/B/C
- keycode are hardcoded for WinCE platform, but linux , android, and windows don't use the same code for same key of same keyboard...
- they have priority over menu handling and that's an error (menu should have priori if it is visible )

the second is simple to fix, i will do it.
unfortuantly it's not so simple for the first...

quote:
As MC and BAL is crucial I decided to go ahead with the 'menu approach' (device = generic). To keep it less complex, I will continue on the PC environment. But here I face the problem I reported a little bit earlier, i.e. 'Navigation in ASP'. Can you please have a look into this?

i've look into the ASP dialog navigation and i've can't reproduce the problem, nor on Linux nor on windows ... i need more info ( version, platform; screen orient, airspaces files ... )

quote:

Once fine with the PC version, I intend to continue with Android following your hint to enable the 'wired' keyboard modifying hasKeyboard() and compile a 'patched' version.

I've started to work on this point, i hope it should work soon ...
N2cee Posted - 12/01/2022 : 16:38:52
Bruno,

thanks for replying and taking my a step forward.

What I (finally) found out is, that using device = keyboard1/2/3 does NOT support navigation via menu by F1/up-down/enter at the same time.
Latter one is only possible when device=generic. But in this case jumping to the multi pages is not possible/not this easy. Is this correct? I cannot mix both?

As MC and BAL is crucial I decided to go ahead with the 'menu approach' (device = generic). To keep it less complex, I will continue on the PC environment. But here I face the problem I reported a little bit earlier, i.e. 'Navigation in ASP'. Can you please have a look into this?

Once fine with the PC version, I intend to continue with Android following your hint to enable the 'wired' keyboard modifying hasKeyboard() and compile a 'patched' version.

Best regards
Claus
brunotl Posted - 10/01/2022 : 22:04:29
Hardware keyboard is currently only suported on Linux and Windows target

in theory keyboard can work on android but never tested, so reality can different from theory.

start point is to modify "HasKeyboard()" to detect connected keyboard on android device :
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/blob/4636d74e993134628decd5d732fc3bdf066d259c/Common/Header/Asset.hpp#L135
N2cee Posted - 10/01/2022 : 15:00:34
Bonjour Bruno,

I immediately tried the commands you sent.
Environment as follows:
7.2.1 running on Android device
'keyboard 2' configured in LK as device
USB OTG plugged in
PC keyboard connected
JavaScript embedded in HTML page to check keyboard hits

F1 is recognised by JavaScript but not by LK

Any idea what I did not consider / did wrong?

Claus
brunotl Posted - 10/01/2022 : 01:08:27
for device with keyboard :
F1 : show/hide menu
CANCEL : Hide Menu
UP/DOWN/UP/RIGHT : select menu button
RETURN : validate selected menu button

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy