PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Android Studio - menu only showing "setup"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
P_Dikeman Posted - 10/03/2021 : 03:21:55
Successfully built and ran debug build variant but the app menu button only shows "setup" buttons for system,aircraft, device and pilot plus cancel and exit.

at startup the screen displays what i'd call "option" flags - FLY, TEST, DEBG,YDBG,BSTOP,ASRT.

TWO questions:

1) how can i get the "normal" menu (NAV, INFO, CONFIG, etc...) to appear in the debug build variant
2) can you point me to where i can find out more about what i called "option" flags

Peter
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 12/03/2021 : 09:31:04
it's never to late ;-)

more seriously, any wiki improvement is welcome...
P_Dikeman Posted - 11/03/2021 : 19:37:40
Thanks for your patience! will check it out. Missed the fact that Wiki has some really useful content.

RE: Windows ... yeah ,Grew up programming assembly language/Fortran on minicomputers when 8Kb of ferrite core memory was "huge" and somehow i managed to miss the whole unix/linux/Mac thing.
brunotl Posted - 11/03/2021 : 19:17:51
surprising, looking Gradle documentation ans Source code, Sync task don't create symlink but copy the file. so you have problem elsewhere ...
brunotl Posted - 11/03/2021 : 18:43:43
welcome on the windows world...

so, it seem's you have symlink problem : https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Android
P_Dikeman Posted - 11/03/2021 : 03:24:07
update: buggering the build.gradle appears to have worked will need to test further
P_Dikeman Posted - 11/03/2021 : 03:03:42
so problem persists with branch v72. the file DEFAULT_MENU.TXT does exist in "LK8000\android-studio\app\src\main\assets" BUT it contains only a single line:

../../../Data/Language/DEFAULT_MENU.TXT

looks sorta like the path to the source file got copied ...not the source file contents. CREDITS.TXT file seems OK and the source DEFAULTS.TXT is OK

i can see the sync task in build.gradle where the sync is supposed to happen...as a workaround maybe i'll bugger this to not do the sync and just do a manual copy... your thoughts?

This is a fresh install of the current (9 march 2021) Android Studio running on Win 10. I assume this "was working" for 7.2.1 release so maybe a bug got introduced in A.S. , From my somewhat limited past experience that would not be a surprise .. i won't tell you what i really think about A.S. :)
brunotl Posted - 10/03/2021 : 18:12:56
master branch work, i fly with ...
P_Dikeman Posted - 10/03/2021 : 17:45:47
Doh! wasn't paying attention - i grabbed Master branch ...trying again with 72.
brunotl Posted - 10/03/2021 : 17:45:25
you see only config menu because "DEFUALT_MENU.TXT" is missing in "LK8000\android-studio\app\src\main\assets"

this file is copied from "LK8000\Common\Data\Language" by build, so it's surprising ...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy