PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Waypoint edit, add frequency edit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 06/04/2018 : 14:09:28
Because of the transition to 8.33 channels I tried to use the edit Waypoint feature in LK8000 to edit the frequency of an airfield.. but this is not possible..

Would it be possible to add this feature in one of the next revisions?

If you need to change a frequency manually, right now you must open the applicable CUP file in notepad, find the airfield and the frequency and make the change and safe... cumbersome to say the least.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 13/05/2018 : 15:11:35
Hi Alphalima,

I understand your standpoint completely, you have no idea how I appreciate all your and your team mates work for LK8000, I use it since version 1.2, and have seen it progress to what it is right now.. Actually I would not have any problem to pay something for LK8000, as a sign of appreciation for all your work.. but that Paypal donate button is nowhere to be found :)

Back to the issue.. Due to the changeover to 8.33Khz channel spacing, at least in the Netherlands, change of frequencies is sometimes published per NOTAM, like our national gliding centre Terlet has changed over to 8.33 channel 123.380 per notam recently:

http://notam.zweefvlieg.net/index.cfm?nid=EH_B00250/18

So Terlet has changed frequencies two times this year alone! First from 123.350 to 123.375, and now it has changed to 123.380.. Both changes were issued per NOTAM.

But its ok, it will be only this year we have this problem, everything should be settled by the end of the year, which is the due date for this frequency changeover.

Android is getting much better than the PDA version right now, with semi automatic download/install of maps, airspace and waypoints.

But none the less,I use the OpenAIP waypoints/airfields data downloaded via the LK8000 interface, but for Airspace I use the Openflightmaps files, because these include the airspace info frequencies... I know Openflightmaps is not available for all EU countries (yet) so therefore it is not sensible to introduce in LK8000.. But keep an eye on these guys, more countries are added one by one, data is getting better and more up to date.. I have high expectations for this website as a source for up to date airspace and waypoint files.

Anyway, keep up the good work Alphalima!

Marco
AlphaLima Posted - 11/05/2018 : 14:23:38
quote:
Originally posted by MrGoMario

I agree Marco. Right now, the handling of WayPoints and Maps is a bit "messy". The developers are aware and we only can hope that in future versions all this "messy things" will improve.

Sounds like you're unhappy with LK8000 and our implementing priorities. Please keep in mind we're just a few developers (actually three) and we do that in our free time beside job, family and flying and other hobbies. We already spent a couple of 1000 hours to offer you a free software.

We focus on things that help in flight. A waypoint editor is nothing we use in flight. And ... for editing waypoint, airspaces there is dedicated software available SeeYou, StrePla,...

Each new feature needs a concept, implementation, test, review, alpha-test, review, betatest, documentation and translation and forum support. Test means testing on different divices in protrait and landscape mode on different devices in different resolutions and different colors ( B&W for Kobo).
Since LK8000 runs on different platforms we cannot use specific operation system features (e.g. Android Keyboard)
A hell lot of work, so we must prioritze the requested features.

@Marco: You already can edit a waypoint on Config Page 21->"Waypoint Edit". The only drawback is the missing Space (as it is translated to underscore) but a space is needed for frequency seperation. This will be solved with the new keyboard comming with the airspace lookup dialog.
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/pull/1169

However the frequencies in the currently published ICAO map are valid until end of the season and these frequencies are provided by DAeC, OpenAIP etc. On Android devices it can easily be updated using LKMaps. I can't see any messy with that.

So if you find a wrong frequency, you'd better report it to OpenAIP rather than editing it loacally on one device so everybody can participate from your discovery. This is what an open software/database is about.

I'm happy, we don't have other problems to discuss!
MrGoMario Posted - 10/05/2018 : 13:26:38
I agree Marco. Right now, the handling of WayPoints and Maps is a bit "messy". The developers are aware and we only can hope that in future versions all this "messy things" will improve.
Marco from Hangar 5 Posted - 09/04/2018 : 18:21:47
Of course you must do this in advance at the kitchen table or clubhouse office, but that does not mean it should not be possible from within LK8000, there are many things we should do in advance within LK8000.

Is it realy that difficult to add?
AlphaLima Posted - 06/04/2018 : 21:07:15
No, that is a work you must do in advance.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy