PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Start Of Speedsection/End Of Speedsection SSS/ESS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cstampler Posted - 08/01/2017 : 15:49:38
Hello there,

i'd like to officially request for adding a proper possibility to enter Start Of Speed Section and End Of Speed Section (SSS & ESS) for paragliding competitions in one of the next updates. This would immediatly beam LK8000 up in the league of other professional but very expensive navigation instruments like C-Pilot/Oudie/Skytraxx. LK8000 has all the features and more to be a serious alternative to the established devices. But adding SSS and ESS really would make it perfect!

Thanks & regards!

P.S.: Others have been asking for it as well before since quite some time now:

Paragliding Race Modes (29/04/2016)

ESS and Goal Closing Time (11/05/2013)

alternatine start point (03/09/2012)

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 20/04/2018 : 11:47:37
Conical ESS is available in all version after 4.1
Circle ESS is available in all version after 6.1d
Robert Haugen Posted - 20/04/2018 : 11:19:39
quote:
Originally posted by cstampler

Hello there,

i'd like to officially request for adding a proper possibility to enter Start Of Speed Section and End Of Speed Section (SSS & ESS) for paragliding competitions in one of the next updates. This would immediatly beam LK8000 up in the league of other professional but very expensive navigation instruments like C-Pilot/Oudie/Skytraxx. LK8000 has all the features and more to be a serious alternative to the established devices. But adding SSS and ESS really would make it perfect!

Thanks & regards!

P.S.: Others have been asking for it as well before since quite some time now:

Paragliding Race Modes (29/04/2016)

ESS and Goal Closing Time (11/05/2013)

alternatine start point (03/09/2012)

ESS=End of speed section, is as far as I know a safety thing unique for paragliders during competition. ESS is the last cylinder before goal cylinder.
The reason is to avoid speeding low to the goal cylinder, to prevent accidents.

ESS is used in all paraglider competitions(at least in Norway) as a safety feature and most of instruments has this feature, but not LK8000. In practical speaking there is not a big issue not having the ESS feature, I just have to remember that the waypoint before goal is ESS. But I agree that LK8000 should have this feature available when all others instruments also have it. This will ake the LK8000 more complete.
bo. Posted - 18/01/2017 : 18:28:35
I second that opinion.

If any changes are to be made, it would also be good to get a full overview of the task on one page without having to click into each task point. As I remember it, the TP radius of start and goal is currently not visible in the main task page. Quickly reviewing the task that has been entered is surely an important issue, which is related to the request by cstampler above.

There is a separate topic on my request from way back http://www.postfrontal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7423

Cheers!
cstampler Posted - 18/01/2017 : 15:21:42
Hello brunotl,

ESS: as I said, it would just be nice to have the same features in LK8000 that professional comp flight instruments have (Flymaster SD, Flytec Compeo, Naviter Oudie, Compass C-Pilot).

But what is much more important and what really annoys me is the fact that it isn't possible to set the 'start of speed section' (SSS) correctly and we LK8000 users at paragliding comps always have to first set the launch to check if the distance in our instrument now is the same given on task board and after delete the launch from our task. That procedure is a bit unnecessary and not at all 'useless for flight':

Just imagine during briefing you forget this workaround and put in a wrong cylinder radius without realizing it (because you can't check the distance because you can't put in SS): Task invalid, that's it!

So I don't think this is a feature that isn't worth implementing. On the contrary I think this is a rather basic function every comp flying software should be capable of.

Cheers.
brunotl Posted - 13/01/2017 : 12:47:29
ESS already implemented in term of path optimisation, only missing point is taking account in task statitics, but that change nothing for flight.

SSS is missing but far i know SSS is always first turn point after takeoff and add take off in task are useless for flight.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy