PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Flarm replay (DONE)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davesalmon Posted - 07/06/2017 : 10:45:24
Would it be possible to save the Flarm data to the igc file, and use it to show Flarm traffic in replay? If there is a reason not to save, then use an igc file downloaded from Flarm, copied into Logger. At the same time include Engine noise Level.
The simulated Flarm objects could then be removed, and Flarm configuration changes made in Sim, which of course cannot be done now.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 18/01/2021 : 08:56:33
Finaly I have implemented a NMEAReplay function for the next version without the hassle of cables and extra Software.
(It is enabled in engineering mode only)
AlphaLima Posted - 11/06/2017 : 20:13:02
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon
Will it replay the NMEA file if it is copied and pasted into the PC, then replayed on the PC LK8000 using a terminal emulator?

Correct, you can replay a NMEA log using a terminal programm (e.g. http://lefebure.com/software/gpsutils/)
and connect your PNA using a cable.
Or you can run LK on the PC using a "virtual" NULL modem COM0COM.
davesalmon Posted - 11/06/2017 : 18:00:31
Sorry Ulli, still nicht verstehen. I'm familiar with NMEA logging, have used it, I think it is Config 2 not 3.
The files are saved in the Logger folder already inside the PNA LK8000, so what do you connect with a null modem cable? All these cables seem to be 9 pin to 9 pin. I have used a terminal emulator to connect LK8000 to IGC Flight Replayer, unfortunately no longer working with latest GE, but that is a PC internal connection, no cables used.
Will it replay the NMEA file if it is copied and pasted into the PC, then replayed on the PC LK8000 using a terminal emulator?
AlphaLima Posted - 11/06/2017 : 11:49:14
In FLARM IGC-Ffiles the traffic is embedded but encrypted, it can by extracted by Flarm only.
But you can log/replay the traffic by NMEA logging. Config 3/3->NMEA logging.
It creates a text file in the _logging folder. This can be replayed and feed to LK using a terminal programm with a NULL Modem cable.
davesalmon Posted - 08/06/2017 : 09:33:01
Ulli, I recently had some problems with Flarm, hopefully now sorted, but it would have been useful to be able to replay. Also I assume that setup could be changed and tested, rather than as now, only when Flarm is connected. Not sure about the privacy issue, but the traffic can be seen live on various programs, I also seem to remember some trouble over that, but it is still there.
Another reason is just for completeness, we can replay flights, why not replay traffic as well?
I wasn't aware we could log the traffic data, (it is logged in the Flarm igc file of course), so how does that work, and exactly how can it be replayed?
AlphaLima Posted - 08/06/2017 : 09:14:38
Dave what is the background of your request?
Are you aware that you can log the NMEA data with all traffic information for replay.
At the moment we mus use a terminal with a nullmodem for replay.
A NMEA replay (like we have for IGC) could be usefull for that.
Coolwind Posted - 08/06/2017 : 02:43:14
For privacy reasons we should encrypt traffic data like flarm does in its logger .
I don't know how much useful it could be at this point.
Igc with clear data can be created but we wouldn't sign it so it could not be published on OLC for example.
Technically it is not a problem to add spare traffic inside Igc file.
I can be wrong on this but that's what I remember about this privacy issue raised up a few years ago.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy