PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Nimbus How-To and Recommendations

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nwade Posted - 23/01/2015 : 20:23:35
Hello,

I have some questions about working with Nimbus and the LK8000 codebase. I am hoping this thread can be used to coordinate "How To" information on these topics, and make it easier for everyone.

Here are my initial questions:

• Is there a Forum Post or other document that explains how the core LK8000 developers (such as Coolwind) would prefer people to submit code-changes back to the github repository?
    (NOTE: Some of us have never used GitHub before; only other tools like SVN or VSS)

• Does the Nimbus system include a GUI interface (such as the X Window System) that's already configured for use? Are there any GUI development tools that you recommend using within Nimbus?

• Does the Nimbus system include an IDE or other advanced editor (either from the command-line or GUI)? It would be nice to use an IDE to help track includes & dependencies across various source files. If an IDE is already included in Nimbus, does that IDE tie into the github tools automatically, or are they managed separately?

Thanks again for putting in the effort to make Nimbus available!

--Noel
P.S. I found a couple of the LK8000-related README files in various directories. But if you don't know they're there then you may miss them - I'll try to post them to this thread later today, for reference by others who are just starting out with Nimbus.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mana Posted - 28/05/2020 : 21:47:52
Merci Bruno. I want Linux to test my changes quickly and android to fly with it #128578; cmd line for android is what I was looking for!
parapenT1sta Posted - 28/05/2020 : 07:38:05
Bruno,
thank you for the tip! :-)
brunotl Posted - 27/05/2020 : 17:40:11
android studio work on windows host, not need to install it in VM...

you can build android version without android studio, you just need to follow the documentation : https://developer.android.com/studio/build/building-cmdline
parapenT1sta Posted - 27/05/2020 : 00:12:42
I didn't install Android Studio on my VMWare Machine because it would make it bigger to share. You can install it.
mana Posted - 26/05/2020 : 22:21:26
It works and builds, muito obrigado parapenT1sta.

Silly question maybe, is it possible to build for android from the command line, or do I need to install Android Studio? (some time back after some struggles with NDK versions etc I had managed to build android from Windows via Android Studio)
parapenT1sta Posted - 25/05/2020 : 00:11:47
Nimbus is not different from what I shared and I think mine is more updated. With all libraries neeeded to compile LK8000.
mana Posted - 24/05/2020 : 23:26:48
Understood, thanks.

It finished loading, I'll give it a try. I actually cloned LK8000 from Git and managed to build for android via android studio. I would also like to build for Linux and PC, but haven't tried yet. I installed MS Visual Studio Code and was able to browse the code, but I haven't tried to build and I have never used an IDE (last time I coded was 25 years ago). That's why I'm interested in Nimbus.
parapenT1sta Posted - 24/05/2020 : 22:52:31
quote:
Originally posted by mana

thank you, started downloading. Out of curiosity parapenT1sta, Nimbus isn't maintained anymore by the community, the setup is your personal one?

Nimbus was done by Coolwind, the founder of LK8000 but he is away for a while. So I decide to made one for myself to test the new developments made on LK8000. I am not a developer, just a beta tester.
mana Posted - 24/05/2020 : 22:25:34
thank you, started downloading. Out of curiosity parapenT1sta, Nimbus isn't maintained anymore by the community, the setup is your personal one?
SearchInside Posted - 24/05/2020 : 21:11:37
quote:
Originally posted by parapenT1sta

quote:
Originally posted by SearchInside

Hi, the torrent has no seed ... :) you can upload it to GDrive ... Thanks .

Maybe I had my computer off when you tried to download it. Sorry.

Don't forget to enable DHT on your Torrent Client.

Thanks... started... :)
parapenT1sta Posted - 24/05/2020 : 18:19:34
quote:
Originally posted by SearchInside

Maybe I had my computer off when you tried to download it. Sorry.

Don't forget to enable DHT on your Torrent Client.
mana Posted - 24/05/2020 : 09:10:27
Is Nimbus still maintained? The URL in the manual is invalid, a link on gdrive would be awesome :-)
SearchInside Posted - 01/05/2020 : 15:41:26
parapenT1sta Posted - 16/03/2020 : 00:15:47
I am sharing my personal system to compile LK8000.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Klqf_zvcpBbIZaNXshsJcqviP9aCxzov/view?usp=sharing

Torrent file.
mzeddd Posted - 09/05/2017 : 08:37:40
Thanks Bruno!

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy