PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Remote control for OdHitec V2 GG etc PNAs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 27/01/2014 : 13:46:30
I invested 8 euro in this bluetooth keyboard
http://www.amazon.it/Micro-tastiera-Bluetooth-iPhone-Smartphone/dp/B005FB62A6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390826514&sr=8-2&keywords=mini+bluetooth+keyboard
and it works with the V2, it pairs directly from LK's internal bluetooth driver, and then it is possible to control LK from it.
It is quite amazing to zoom in and out without touching the screen, and... for this price it is impossible to refuse to have one!
I am testing it for autonomy now, and then if everything is ok I will include in 5.0 a special management for this device, to make it easy to use it in flight.
Keys are too small to be used, but who cares: we can create "virtual buttons" like if the keyboard was the touchscreen!
Sort of this, instead of touching the screen, you click on .. the keyboard.

7.99 euro, amazing.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Coolwind Posted - 03/03/2014 : 18:20:15
you must pair and connect the device from the control panel or whatever is called the desktop tools.
Pairing from LK does not complete the "connection", because this is not a serial port, it is a HID (human interface device) and we have no internal support for low-level bluetooth operations , by now.
davesalmon Posted - 03/03/2014 : 11:45:10
I think "paired" and "connected", are two different things. In general you can pair without connecting, and connect without pairing. The only real, reliable BT I've ever had was a Holux GPSlim to an iPAQ314, and they were never paired, just connected, and the connection was always there next time.
UncleTom Posted - 03/03/2014 : 11:35:28
Thanks Dave,

pairing with the CE system did it finally. Pairing within LK reported success (i.e. stated "paired") but in fact was not.

Regarding BT in general I fully agree with you but on the other side, with non vital functions like a remote control I think it's ok. A nice gadget at least :)

Tom
Coolwind Posted - 03/03/2014 : 11:22:57
As dave said, you must type the 1234 code on BOTh devices . On the keyboard after the code press the return key. This in my case is absolutely necessary.
It works for me quite well and in one month i only had to pair them again twice.
davesalmon Posted - 03/03/2014 : 11:12:47
My hint, unless you really need it, is forget it. I have found it much easier in flight, to use the touch screen, which is strange because I would never have a touch screen computer.However you will need to switch BT on, go into Start/Settings/Connections/Bluetooth/Mode and ensure both boxes are ticked.With the keyboard slide switch On, press the tiny On/Off switch next to the leds and the blue light should start flashing. Back on the V2 go to Devices/ Add new device/Add. You may get away with no code, otherwise use 1234 on both.
When added, try Connect. You may be lucky, of if like me, when you've done this about 6 times they connect and you are away.
Next time they may have remembered all this and connect immediately, or they may not, and you will have to go through it all again. I hate Bluetooth!!!!
UncleTom Posted - 03/03/2014 : 09:45:15
Hi Guys,

I just tried to use one of those mini keyboards (type 3) with my V2 but had no success. It appears to be paired within LK nicely but has no function at all. Any hints?

Cheers,
Tom

Edit: Forgot to say: I'm using the current "M" beta.
Coolwind Posted - 18/02/2014 : 21:26:05
wrapping the keyboard in plastic is an idea..
davesalmon Posted - 18/02/2014 : 17:45:49
This is not very professional, but it is my first attempt. Used Word, and printed on to self-adhesive labels, then, as they don't stick on all that well, wrapped the keyboard in plastic.

davesalmon Posted - 10/02/2014 : 10:57:37
As the keyboard needs BT to be on I thought it would be worth checking the power requirement. With V2 in Fly mode though no fix, BT off, battery indicating 80%/90%, 372mA measured at the 12V battery. With BT on, still 372mA. Doesn't seem to make any difference to power requirement whether BT is on or off. The cycle seemed to be, initial power connection, shows about 700mA for a second or so, then drop to around 240mA for another second or so, then stabilise at 372+/-2mA.
rexfux Posted - 08/02/2014 : 17:55:21
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

And finally the instructions!
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/mini-bluetooth-keyboards.html

Hello,

I've a keyboard which is a little different. I've made a picture of the keyboard and a excel file for the scanned keys, but I don't know how to insert these files into the post.

Regards

Henri
Coolwind Posted - 08/02/2014 : 00:25:15
And finally the instructions!
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/mini-bluetooth-keyboards.html
Coolwind Posted - 06/02/2014 : 17:29:32
OK EVERYBODY ATTENTION..
there are several kind of keyboards around, and we need to support the main layouts.
Dave's keyboard was a bit different from mine, I have prepared a special PNA version of LK that gives the scan of keys so that I can create the correct driver for it.
The point is that even the one I bought had a different layout in the picture, but came with a quite different disposition.
It is not a problem, but we do need the scan codes to create driver (BTK1 BTK2 etc. ) for them.

if you have a keyboard download the special
www.bware.it/LK8000/SCANKEY.rename
rename it to SCANKEY.exe and run it inside the LK8000 folder, everytime you press a key it will pop up saying which code was assigned to it.

Holding the keyboard in front of you, with space key on the bottom like with any pc keyboard, you find 5 rows of 10 keys.
Normally the first on the left is the "1" .
I need to receive:
1) A good picture of the keyboard, do it with your camera please
2) a mail saying:

Row 1: 0x30 0x31 0x32 ..
Row 2: etc
up to Row 5.
There are 49 keys, normally. Whatever you have is ok if you send me the scan list and a picture.
The picture is good also for other people, so they will be able to match what they have and choose the correct driver.
thanks!

davesalmon Posted - 05/02/2014 : 20:01:17
That would be good, it was not that easy to see which keys are pressed, and which do something and which don't.
Coolwind Posted - 05/02/2014 : 17:41:09
As written, in order to "enter" you use the SHIFT key, like in the video.
And to confirm the GOTO you use SPACE, like in the video.

Reasons: there is no way of detecting key press time, so we dont have "enter" key because we cannot know how long we pressed TGHY..
For this reason the SHFT keys (both) are kept for enter. I thought it was clear in the demo , but of course I will write down some docs!
davesalmon Posted - 05/02/2014 : 15:36:24
Some areas or groups of keys carry out certain functions, like using those same areas of the touch screen. So using the bottom of the keyboard( held with the space key at the RH side), I can select info pages and rotate through them.I can then scroll up or down to select a line, say a waypoint. But if I press the centre of the keyboard TYGH, it doesn't enter and go to the details, like on the touch screen. Maybe just personal preference, but I'll stick to the screen.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy