PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Comm Port 7 not Found?????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JBlyth Posted - 01/01/2014 : 08:55:36
Happy New Year to everyone!

I have just come to the east side of Australia for 6 weeks gliding at Corowa, and I have connected my Glider Guider in the normal way to my FLARM via the GG interface.

Last year it worked perfectly, but this year I am getting a LK8000 error that Comm Port 7 cannot be opened.

The GG Interface is connected directly to the OZ FLarm, and the parameters in LK8000 are set to Generic/Comm 7, 19200 baud, 8 bit. The FLARM display is working perfectly via the GG interface, and the GG is correctly charging via the interface too.

I can connect the GG to my laptop via a USB cable, so I don't think the physical port on the GG is damaged.

Does anyone have a program outside of LK8000 that I could you to check that Comm 7 is working correctly on my GliderGuider?

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Many thanks
John
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gliderguider Posted - 01/01/2014 : 13:49:32
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Allan, just out of curiosity, what exactly does this reset do? On my old 4700 and others, a "soft" reset using the similar press, would just shutdown, usually if there was a problem, and start up again. A bit like shutting down and restarting a computer. A "hard" reset, usually involving other actions as well, would clear everything, including your programs, and take it back to factory defaults.

In this case, it simply re-starts the OS including all COM Ports. Its not the same as a Factory Reset and you will not loose any programs.

Kind regards
Allan
www.gliderguider.net

davesalmon Posted - 01/01/2014 : 13:09:53
Allan, just out of curiosity, what exactly does this reset do? On my old 4700 and others, a "soft" reset using the similar press, would just shutdown, usually if there was a problem, and start up again. A bit like shutting down and restarting a computer. A "hard" reset, usually involving other actions as well, would clear everything, including your programs, and take it back to factory defaults.
gliderguider Posted - 01/01/2014 : 12:48:29
quote:
Originally posted by JBlyth

quote:

Thanks Alan,

I think I might have done the long press on the power button, and a full shutdown, but I will definitely try it in the morning.

Or do you mean using the push button on the back of the GliderGuider?

Thanks
John

You should ALWAYS power down via the Long Press and the Shut-Down Dialogue, but in this case I would suggest a Hard Reset - via the button accessible via the hole in the back of the case.

I have just responded to your e-mail, suggest we continue this there.

Kind regards
Allan
www.gliderguider.net

JBlyth Posted - 01/01/2014 : 12:38:47
quote:

Thanks Alan,

I think I might have done the long press on the power button, and a full shutdown, but I will definitely try it in the morning.

Or do you mean using the push button on the back of the GliderGuider?

Thanks
John

JBlyth Posted - 01/01/2014 : 12:33:04
Thanks Alan,

Thanks
John
gliderguider Posted - 01/01/2014 : 12:26:55
Hi John

I suspect that the port has been opened by some other application and not closed - so not available to LK. I suggest a Hard Reset.

Kind regards
Allan
www.gliderguider.net
JBlyth Posted - 01/01/2014 : 11:10:23
Great suggestion, I'll try it tomorrow.

Many thanks
John
rmerigan Posted - 01/01/2014 : 10:22:12
You could load "putty" http://www.pocketputty.net/ on to the GG and set up a serial connection to see if any data is coming through on com 7.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy