PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 On thursday new 2.1e with OLC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 27/03/2011 : 22:52:08
Teaser: on thursday we are releasing 2.1e with working new OLC engine.
It is the best OLC possible engine, calculating in real time distance, speed and score for :
- FAI triangles
- FAI 3 turnpoints
- Classic OLC
- Sprint league OLC
It should not slow down your slow devices, and thus work perfectly even on old PPC2002 devices, not to mention new ones.
24 infoboxes available, and 1 infopage. The info analysis page available as well with graphic display of each contest.

No other software on the market, or free, to my knowledge has these features. All contests calculated, and no need to choose one.

We are delaying by 2 weeks the delivery of new airspace engine for this purpose.

I just wanted to tell you that we are very active, even if we don't talk much lately.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
parapenT1sta Posted - 28/03/2011 : 17:23:53
Well done Mat!!! ;) Keep the good working!
BigBird Posted - 28/03/2011 : 15:47:42
MPusz,
looks very promising!!

The Austrian glider pilots using the SIS online contest.
Attached the rules in German.
http://sis-at.streckenflug.at/2011/pdf/sis-at-ausschreibung.pdf

Do you need the rules in English?

best
BB
modellbobby Posted - 28/03/2011 : 14:11:07
MPusz, thank you very much for that great work!!!
MPusz Posted - 28/03/2011 : 10:44:20
Hi John, I am also really happy that you support so many contests in XCSoar. Thanks to that we have some competition we can compare to.

I tried to compare results of your implementation with ours. I used official test applications provided by both projects (TestOLC in XCSoar and TestContest in LK8000). For that purpose I took first of many traces I used to test my application (http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=-1706446872).

Here are the results. Sorry that I am not providing Score and only Distances, but I couldn't find an easy way to provide Handicap to your test application.

OLC          XCSoar       LK8000
Execution time on my PC        ----         176 s        0.8 s
OLC-Classic                    791.2 km     786 km       790 km
FAI-OLC                        774.6 km     774 km       774 km
OLC-League                     371.19 km    751 or 17 km 370.2 km

Please note that my application in the time provided above was calculating not only above contests, but also FAI 3 TPs and a full set of predicted contests. XCSoar test application provided me the results for contests only mentioned above.

For now I cannot tell anything about the rest of your contests solvers because I do not know or support them. I hope that they work better/faster than OLC though.

[EDIT: I found that I did not run the test on the latest version of the XCSoar test application. To be fair I decided to edit that post. In case of OLC-League I did not know which result to use. XCSoar provided me "league" and "sprint" contests results. It is why I provided both above.]
jwharington Posted - 28/03/2011 : 08:28:53
[Message from John Wharington saying that his XCSoar is better than LK etc.etc. as usual, removed. You are now banned, permanently. All your messages, will be removed without notice. Which is exactly what happens to me on your nabble forum. ]

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy