|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 18/02/2011 : 13:00:48
You can now download the 2.1C version of LK from
Thanks to (alpha order): Kalman, Mat, Richard.
This is an upgrade version over 2.0b, and NOT a standalone version.
If you don't understand the difference, do not download it please.
The 2.1B is adding new Language message for ENGLISH, which may no more be compatible with early versions of 2.0. You may need to download the 2.0b again in order to get an updated version too.
If you don't understand the above, please do not download 2.1b.
We are though confident that this version has no critical problems and can be used for flights.
- THIS VERSION IS NEEDED FOR HTC HD2 OWNERS
- If you are using thousands of waypoints, please check this version too because it has solved many speed problems there.
In details, here it is what has changed.
WHATS NEW IN 2.1c
VERSION 2.1c 110218
- Task declaration for LX Nano, LX Colibri
- Transparent Variometer Bar (options selectable inside variometer bar color config)
- New custom device LK8EX1 for external instruments sending baro and vario to LK
- Heap space memory check (TO USE!)
- Center area for nearest pages selection is enlarged
- Startup sequence will issue more detailed messages if directories are missing,
pointing the user to the real problem and solution
- 2.1b problem with tokens over 999
- 2.1b bug DSX coordinates in task declaration (not a Mat's bug! Specs were wrong).
- 2.1b bug Battery Level warnings would crash the software
- OAT Outside Air Temperature not shown below 1 C degree. Now valid from -50 to 99C
- Logger fields "Competition Class" and "Competition ID".
Class example> Standard ID Example> AG
- Airspace Class G
- Semi-transparent airspace area configuration. This will also fix problems on HTC D2 .
Using semitransparent will slow down a bit other devices, but only a bit.
- Transparent bottom bar, configurable inside system config menu 11 "Appearance".
Using 0% or 100% opacity will make no impact on drawing speed because alphablending will not
be used in these two cases, and by default 60% is used.
Defines how much transparent (->0%) / opaque (->100%) will be the bottom bar area on the map .
Normally the bar is black with white text, and can be reverted to white with black text on it.
Setting <30% opacity the bottom bar will be very transparent, and text color will be forced reversed.
Some combinations of opacity and reverse colors may not be suitable to navigation, but there are
infinite combinations to choose from.
Using 0% or 100% (full transparency or full opacity) will speed up the software a bit.
Another famous 8000 instrument is using 75% opacity.
Default is 60%.
- New device DSX supporting task declaration
- New device Flytec FLYSEN protocol, preliminar support
- New Com message "GPS data error " when using wrong baud rate on a com port
- Faster topology painting when huge topo maps were used.
- Waypoint Out of Terrain selection back in configuration page 1
Use "exclude" if you are loading big continental waypoint file databases
- McCready Overlay choice in Engineering menu 1 is now saved to profile
- NEW AUTO ZOOM
1. AutoZoom bugs:
- Changing zoom in Circling Zoom disables AutoZoom
- Changing zoom in PAN mode disables AutoZoom
- Enabling AutoZoom in PAN mode disables PAN mode
- Panorama Zoom not working when AutoZoom is enabled
- Enabling AutoZoom in Panorama Zoom destroys Panorama Zoom behavior
- AutoZoom corrupts circling and cruise zoom if waypoint switched during
2. Other bugs:
- Changing ZOOM in PAN mode changes fly zoom
- Panorama Zoom corrupts fly zoom if fly mode (circling/cruise) change
in the meantime
- Panorama Zoom changes PAN zoom when expired
- Opening TargetPan during Panorama Zoom destroys Panorama Zoom
- Pan Mode while Panorama Zoom expiration destroys fly zoom level
- PANORAMA zoom does not remember its zoom value
1. Provides separate zoom levels for each of the following:
- CIRCLING (if CirclingZoom is enabled in SystemSetup)
2. Zoom is switched together with a switch of flight mode, and a zoom
for previous mode is always remembered and restored. Exception here is:
- AUTO_ZOOM - that when switched on will always calculate the best zoom
for the next waypoint (CRUISE zoom if a waypoint is far away
or calculated zoom if closer)
- PAN - that when switched on will init with the the zoom factor of
previous mode (current zoom factor)
- TARGET_PAN - that when switched on will always calculate the best zoom
for the presentation of the waypoint in subject
3. AutoZoom will be turned off on pilot's manual zoom change action only
if CRUISE_ZOOM is currently used. That means that a pilot can freely
adjust the zoom for circling, panorama or pan without worrying about
disabling and then a need to enable AutoZoom.
4. Advancing a waypoint to the next one when AutoZoom is enabled will
always adjust CRUISE_ZOOM only (even if not active at that moment)
. Very fast loading of big waypoint files at startup
. Faster response of user interface when using big waypoint files
. It is now possible to load over 8000 waypoints while still keeping good user interface
. Task declaration messages are more detailed
. Progress and error messages added for EW Microrecorder task declaration
. Automatic com port reset will apply after 30 seconds, previously 15 seconds, when no
nmea source feed is found.
. BestAlternate is back available also for Paragliders/Hang Gliders. Previously it was not
calculated any more, and disabled by rotary multitargets.
Para/Hang gliders disabling BestAlternate Warning inside safety config will also make it
disappear from rotary multitarget selection.
- Altitude Required (AltReqD) flipping two different values, one correct and the other wrong
- Topology labels were not correctly printed using special character sets for some languages
They may result truncated.
- Volkslogger declaration possible problem
- Wrong polar for Ventus 2cT
- Some topology/terrain shapes may not be printed (expecially water areas such as small lakes)
- Choosing Waypoint Out of Terrain as "ask" would not save correctly the choice inside profile
- Lklanguage problem with incompatible language pack may crash the software on startup
- Waypoint distance overlay did not show on the first line, right corner, in half overlay mode
- Airspaces filtering too restrictive fixed
When an aircraft was inside airspace's boundary and the Anlysis dialog
airspaces draw line did not cross that boundary (because airspace is
too big) the airspace was not printed in the Analysis Airspace dialog.
- Various communication problems solved. Sometimes a device after disconnection was no more seen until a
|15 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 07/03/2011 : 14:00:39
The page Analysis:Task that is displayed in the Task to go?
Comparing different times and could not understand.
||Posted - 03/03/2011 : 22:27:55
If the PNA software shell off, the LK does not crash when falling level of the battery. If you do not disable the software shell, then crashes. And not only on Chinese PNA. Tested on the Taiwan PNA, have officially imported to Ukraine.
||Posted - 03/03/2011 : 14:03:19
It depends on how you execute LK, also. Only on termination, though. No crash on battery warning.
||Posted - 03/03/2011 : 13:05:38
Yes this crash at program termination is also present on some cheepo chinese pnas. (I also have one that produces this message)
It somehow depends on the pna's rom configuration, however I think nobody have spent time to correct this...
||Posted - 03/03/2011 : 08:59:48
||Posted - 27/02/2011 : 23:23:45
Message a low battery on the PNA leads to error message in LK8000. Program crashes.
Also error messages when you exit the program at some PNA.
[That was supposely fixed in 2.1c: are you still using 2.1b??]
||Posted - 27/02/2011 : 23:11:33
I think, it's not that easy.
There are many code pages for 8-bit character encoding.
For example in some code page there is 'Ÿ', in the other there's '#269;' (c with wedge) on code 159.
Since LK uses UTF-16 strings, it could be solved using some special UTF-16 to ASCII conversion table.
It could be done, but now I don't care much (many people I know use only ASCII characters in waypoint names). Maybe sometime, if many people will complain about underscores...
||Posted - 27/02/2011 : 20:04:10
In the past on a different project I had the same experience when communicating with LX/Colibri/Posigraph. This was solved with a simple procedure where ü is replaced by u, é by e etc.. If you want this procedure, contact me by email and I'll send it to you.
Kind regards, Jef
||Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:08:20
quote: I've checked that and found a bug when sending declaration from PDA/PNA (all names have been sent empty). So 2.1c is wrong, it will be corrected in next version.
But when I tried it with Colibri, LK8000 told that declaration ok, but there were nothing stored on Colibri.
Thanks for report.
P.S.: Be prepared that all non-Ascii characters (code >126, i.e. all national ones) will be replaced with '_'. That's for protection of Colibri which is sensitive on some non-Ascii characters.
||Posted - 24/02/2011 : 19:17:30
It worked exactly the same on my Colibri as 2xa described. I built rs232 converter and tested it with Mio M300 and Volkslogger. Everything worked ok (after updated LK8000 2.1C version) and declaration went to Volkslogger.
But when I tried it with Colibri, Lk8000 told that declaration ok, but there were nothing stored on Colibri.
||Posted - 24/02/2011 : 08:13:19
can you please send me your turnpoints file and the declared task (.tsk file) you have problems with?
||Posted - 23/02/2011 : 23:29:06
Ok then we need to check! thanks
||Posted - 23/02/2011 : 22:52:59
Yes everything looks OK, LK say that the task is declared. Port speed 4800.
||Posted - 23/02/2011 : 22:37:36
did you set device type LX Colibri/Nano in configuration? What port speed? Did LK say task declared?
||Posted - 23/02/2011 : 22:26:04
Can't get the declaration to Colibri to work. Tried with two different Colibris, two PNA 314 with BT comunication and with glidertools cable and Wayteq. Everything looking good but there is no task in the Colibri.