PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 IBOX mode about to be removed...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 09/10/2010 : 19:10:12
In the next 1.24, we are seriously thinking about removing the IBOX (infoboxes) mode.
The new portrait mode in fact is very good.

Old IBOX mode

New LK mode for portrait

As you can see, the new portrait mode gives you many informations, perfectly visible, and allows you to flip the usual LK infopages.
We have tested it, there is no more reason to keep IBOXes.
A new interface for simulator mode, allowing people to navigate, changing altitude, speed etc, is on the way.

The LK portrait mode is great also on PNAs , at any resolution.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Berto Posted - 10/03/2011 : 23:55:32
quote:
Originally posted by bo.

By the way.. maybe we don't really need to moderate the forum quite as strictly.. as long as people are capable of civilised debate, maybe it will be ok after all.. I don't see too many threats out there...

I would agree with that, but you must admit that Max's posts all end up saying "XCSoar is better than LK8000".
Off Topic at least, but also plainly prejudicial, assuming that he probably doesn't even use LK8000.
I'll backup your suggestion when I'll see a post from Max speaking just of the topic subject.
cyclone Posted - 10/03/2011 : 16:45:31
I was opposed to removing IBOX. But now on my 7 "PNA's all very well. If this interferes with further development, it should be discarded. We have friends who ask LK8000 on Android, and you said that without IBOX easier to migrate to other platforms.
bo. Posted - 10/03/2011 : 15:23:45
Sounds a bit like what is already available? Transparent bottom bar and keys to toggle between the different bars?

Im not talking about a mandatory change of layout. The 80% who prefer good side view will of course keep the current landscape mode. I would have tought the problems with IBOX was primarily obsoleted interface and old redundant pieces in the software, not the screen layout. But of course its quite a bit of work maintaining different layouts on an increasing number of different resolutions..
Coolwind Posted - 10/03/2011 : 13:32:36
Full screen mode with transparent bottom bar, and a special custom key to toggle values on it.
This is how it is going to work. If I move the bottom bar on the vertical side, which I am not going to do as this is how IBox is working, in landscape mode, then 80% of people will say that they have a limited view on the side.
bo. Posted - 10/03/2011 : 12:50:09
Ok. Could you elaborate on that a bit? Would the same information be available on the screen, without manually switching between pages?

By the way.. maybe we don't really need to moderate the forum quite as strictly.. as long as people are capable of civilised debate, maybe it will be ok after all.. I don't see too many threats out there...
Coolwind Posted - 10/03/2011 : 12:29:37
I have another solution in mind for people that need extended map view in landscape mode.
maxk Posted - 10/03/2011 : 10:47:19
[Message delivered to Nabble xcsoar mailing list.
Reason: standard content, type-1 "xcsoar is better than lk8000"
]
bo. Posted - 10/03/2011 : 10:36:28
I agree with Bertos suggestion. I would not miss the IBOX mode, but infoboxes in a "side bar" has its virtues with wide screen devices. I guess the bottom bar buttons should follow the bar to the side of the screen.

In some environments, such as in paraglider, limited avaliable space may favour landscape orientation of the device. In such cases portrait orientation may not be an option.

Berto Posted - 10/03/2011 : 10:00:16
Paul, an idea just came to my mind, to avoid further discussion about this: why don't we implement a third mode besides Portrait and Landscape, with the map displayed on landscape mode but with the bar on one side?

This would solve a problem that portrait mode has: in the landables pages the fonts are so small I cannot read them easily.
When I tested Portrait mode I noticed this feature which may be appreciated by some (many landables in a single page), but may also make life difficult to others (i.e. people with glasses ... like me ...).
Coolwind Posted - 10/03/2011 : 01:10:01
Very glad to hear that the new portrait mode is appreciated.
In any case, Ibox won't disappear all of a sudden. Let's wait for some more advises.
Berto Posted - 09/03/2011 : 22:18:37
Agreed.

If anyone want to see more map there is portrait mode.

maxk Posted - 09/03/2011 : 21:00:55
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Removing ibox mode will make the software faster, smaller in size, and it makes another step in the direction of getting rid of microsoft window API (libraries for windowing).

(This post will be censored shortly, please read it faster than usual!)

ybuqc Posted - 09/03/2011 : 19:22:32
6 months ago, I would have disagree to remove the IBOX, but now, I can also say go ahead ;)
rimaroc88 Posted - 09/03/2011 : 18:37:44
agree
BigBird Posted - 09/03/2011 : 18:33:53
AGREE!

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy