PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 LK8000 Configuration for paragliders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 23/10/2009 : 00:46:14
TiGuy and Bo are working on the configuration for paragliders, which will be posted here.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bo. Posted - 19/04/2012 : 15:09:35
When the corner of the next airspace is closer than the one above, this one is selectet as "nearest". When the horizontal distanze is not displayed, you know that it is the airspace above that is selected, as you correctly say. Otherwise there are no settings for this feature, other than manual selection of airspaces.

You should also play a bit with the airspace warnings settings. The warnings should be switched off (major annoyance when flying paraglider and not being able to clear the message immeaiately), but you can have good use of the information printed on the screan (estimated future airspace infringements, depending on time/distance settings). Feel free to open a new topic on this, or search for older topics if you want to continue the discussion elsewhere. Hopefylly you can also find something in the manual. Dont know if it is covered in the english version yet, but the German one should be complete.
Fonz Posted - 19/04/2012 : 14:22:36
Bo, thanks for your suggestion. The airspace vertical distance info box seems to display the distance to airspace directly above the gliders current position, but I can only get the airspace horizontal distance box to display a value if I first select a specific piece of airspace. Is there a setting that will get the airspace horizontal distance to auto detect the nearest airspace - I am assuming not, since if you are already under one piece of (high) airspace it would report that, rather than the airspace level with your flight path.
Coolwind Posted - 18/04/2012 : 21:17:20
better to open a new thread, I cannot split messages.
sove Posted - 18/04/2012 : 20:37:49
do you move it or should I open a new thread ?
Coolwind Posted - 18/04/2012 : 20:35:45
ok, this is not the correct place to open bugs, and mix discussions.
sove Posted - 18/04/2012 : 20:22:47
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

overlay are not configurable as you want, right now.
We are working on an alternate solution for custom overlays, but not for next versions.

What do you mean with "crash", the PNA froze and you could not do anything on it, apart resetting?

right, pna frozen (or responding after 1 minute... then working 10 seconds then frozen again, up to reset needed), only when flying... on the ground and sims everything ok.
bo. Posted - 18/04/2012 : 14:20:36
Did you try the Airspace horizontal and vertical distance infoboxes? They are allways visible in the bottom bars on my setup (both during cruise and thermalling) :-) They will show the distance to the auto-detected "nearest", or to a fixed "selected" airspace. The auto detection of the nearest airspace may not be perfect, but I have had some good use of it already.
Coolwind Posted - 18/04/2012 : 10:59:03
If you have several airspaces one upon another, one inside another, and-or very closed to each other also, such as in crowdy areas like in the UK or in Germany, the map will not tell you anything with that approach. That approach works only for the case you dont need the information, because there is only one or few airspaces.

The sideview will tell you automatically the name and of airspace and you will know at a glance your position relative to it.
To "play" with airspaces, selecting them,viewing details, you can use 2.4 page also, and that's also turbulence proof.

Fonz Posted - 18/04/2012 : 09:57:37
Nearest Airspace Sideview is a very nice feature, great implementation, but not ideal on a PG for the reasons I mentioned above - I have to press one button and a small target (area) on the screen to access it, and a further small target area to return to the moving map - in gloves or mitts, its really tricky.

For some of the complex airspace we have to avoid in the UK, a map view with heights marked seems the most fuctional approach, many garmin users here have a moving map with lower alts marked on airspace.
Coolwind Posted - 18/04/2012 : 00:19:27
overlay are not configurable as you want, right now.
We are working on an alternate solution for custom overlays, but not for next versions.

What do you mean with "crash", the PNA froze and you could not do anything on it, apart resetting?
sove Posted - 17/04/2012 : 21:22:23
nobody able to answer my question ?

in the meantime, somebody can share his experience with the V1 ? I'm expecting a pretty strange situation : at home and/or sim mode it works perfectly, tested 5 times in flight it crashed 4 out of 5 times... (freezing). any idea ?
parapenT1sta Posted - 17/04/2012 : 21:16:19
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/airspaces-and-terrainobstacles-sideview.html
Coolwind Posted - 17/04/2012 : 20:32:24
What about using nearest airspace sideview?
Fonz Posted - 17/04/2012 : 19:02:20
Hi Paulo,

Sergio directed me here rather than the PG Forum. Reading through the thread there on LK8000, I think this feature may have already been requested - but not yet confirmed possible, desired by the majority or added. Its a PG HG specific request.

Could we have airspace alts marked on the airspace overlay, maybe displayed at the edge of the airspace nearest to the glider position. Accessing the airspace details (extended press on the airspace) with gloved hands (or worse, mitts in winter) is difficult and often I find I've got the map zoomed out to 7.5K or more when flying between thermals to view my track vs approaching airspace, so the target is small!

I guess as PG/HG, I am mostly interested in flying around or under airspace, so if screen clutter is an issue, perhaps just displaying the airspace lower alt - if this is not SFC (surface) would help.

Maybe see what others think

Thanks!

Peter
brunotl Posted - 16/04/2012 : 17:41:58
I think it's not realy important, In default polar files wing area is set to 0, in mine I use flat area ...

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy