PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Survey: using active waypoints on moving map

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 28/09/2009 : 13:55:54
Question: do you use active points on moving map? I mean: do you click on the moving map while you are flying, to select a waypoint?

I am asking because I don't: I always found nearly impossible to select a waypoint this way, not to mention the fact that most waypoints are hidden on the map at lower zoom levels.

Since I have now added a specific and easy to use "nearest turnpoints" page, where you can search for distance, bearing etc just like you would do for an airport, I have no more reason to keep these active point selectable. Normally it happens (to me) that while I am trying to do some action, a waypoint pops up and I have to do cancel.

This was also the reason why paragliders asked for a screen lock: active waypoint are not good during flight, the solution is in the nearest turnpoints page now.

What do you all think? We can also make it configurable, or active only in certain parts such as panning mode.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kzillner Posted - 01/10/2009 : 18:52:41
I would also suggest to keep that feature, i think it's easier to use than any list (in a glider).
Greetings Karl
Lukes Posted - 29/09/2009 : 12:29:17
I would suggest keeping the option to use the active waypoints: who deems them unuseful, will disable this option.
For those coming from other flight programs, where they are used to touch the screen to select the waypoint (like I am), it will facilitate the transition. And in the meantime they can test the nearest waypoints list.

jpissarro Posted - 29/09/2009 : 01:20:35
I agree... just do not play with the device during the flight. Everything must be settled on the ground (in paragliding of course).
Coolwind Posted - 28/09/2009 : 23:47:10
So far, in pan mode I would keep it all the way.
Berto Posted - 28/09/2009 : 21:58:05
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

That's confirming what I had personally thought since the begininning. I hate that too, but let's listen to some other opinions. I can make this choice selectable on-the-fly with no problems, for that unique time one may need such a facility. To me, it is crazy just to think that a pilot can pinpoint a 2x2 pixel area.
Anything that I cannot do easily when I drive my car, with LK8000, it is a problem during flight even more.

I used to select the waypoint on the map when I used GPS_log, as it was permanently on PAN_mode, and so you could easily bring the zone you wanted in the center, and then zoom a little and select the waypoint (typically a landable field, or an airport).

With XCSoar I don't recall having used this technique.
Mainly I select the landable fields with the bestalternate, or browsing throught the waypoint selection list and setting the type to whatever I need (for example A for airports).

It may be helpful though, and I am experimenting with the pan mode different ways of moving around, so I vote for keeping it.
Anyway, if you can disable it and enable it on the fly I think it could be good for everyone.
Coolwind Posted - 28/09/2009 : 18:26:33
That's confirming what I had personally thought since the begininning. I hate that too, but let's listen to some other opinions. I can make this choice selectable on-the-fly with no problems, for that unique time one may need such a facility. To me, it is crazy just to think that a pilot can pinpoint a 2x2 pixel area.
Anything that I cannot do easily when I drive my car, with LK8000, it is a problem during flight even more.
AM20 Posted - 28/09/2009 : 17:28:55
I agree with comments as well
bo. Posted - 28/09/2009 : 16:56:59
I agree with the comments above.
cernauta Posted - 28/09/2009 : 16:46:39
Active waypoints on the map are in fact a bit annoying to me: I use SeeYouMobile, and every time I have to click on the map for gaining access to airspace or other infopages, usually a point comes in the way of my finger and I'm forced to view the WP details, which I needn't.
When I wish to select a WP during flight, usually for a personal choice of route deviation (avoiding airspace, or reaching a known themal source/ridge), I do it by opening the WP list, and selecting according to Distance, or Name.

So, for me, you can remove the feature with my blessing!

Aldo
BigBird Posted - 28/09/2009 : 14:57:48
agree with you,

but you can keep the feature in PAN-Mode - configurable in "Experts-Settings"
bb
parapenT1sta Posted - 28/09/2009 : 14:56:35
In paragliding competition we plan the flight in ground. We never change anything in flight, if we do it we risk to mess up our flight and loose the competition!

When we are in a cross country flight we don't care much about the waypoints, maybe the only one I care is the take off waypoint, to check how far i'm from the take off.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy