PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Flarm file download

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davesalmon Posted - 09/05/2022 : 18:55:44
Today I tried to download an igc file from the Flarm. Followed the procedure, got the Conf button, so I assume Flarm was detected. It had been connected during the flight, and sending data to LK8000.
When I clicked IGC Download, I got a countdown of 15 attempts to ping Flarm, and then a message that no Flarm could be detected.
My setup is Classic Flarm connected to a Tx/Rx port of an LX splitter, a Tx port is then connected to the LX LED+ display, and the other Tx/Rx port is connected to a Soartronic BT1, which sends the data by BT to an Android phone running LK8000, This all works OK. One TX port on the splitter is unused.
The device configuration is Name Flarm, Port BT Soartronic_BT1n601.
Could this be a similar problem to that of failing to declare to the Flarm unless the display is switched off?
Have I got something wrong please?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AlphaLima Posted - 04/08/2022 : 15:38:22
This is a hardware (wiring) issue for sure, nothing related to LK. Hard to debug without knowing the exact setup incl. all Rx/Tx and Power constrains.
davesalmon Posted - 03/08/2022 : 18:30:53
I downloaded 4 or 5 igc files without a problem, after disconnecting the plug from the LX LED+. The last time I tried, it didn't download, and LK8000 lost the Flarm connection
I am not aware of changing anything on the glider setup or in LK8000, but this morning I tried again and found that the plug has to be left connected into the LED+, otherwise LK8000 lost the Flarm connection (via BT) and the download did not take place. Something must have changed but no idea what.
AlphaLima Posted - 13/06/2022 : 13:11:52
Most of the Flarm displays also drive Tx for Flarm configuration but Tx is not needed during normal operation. On some displays (e.g. FlarmView) you can disable the Tx function of the display in the setup.
davesalmon Posted - 13/06/2022 : 12:19:17
Latest. Flarm connected to Soartronic. 2nd port of Soartronic, which mirrors the Flarm input port, connected to LX splitter Rx/Tx port. Other Rx/Tx port connected to Ilec SN10 to give it Flarm data. Splitter Tx only port connected to LED+ external display. All works correctly.
However to download igc files from Flarm, RJ12 plug has to be disconnected from LED+, which is no problem as it's easily available, but I thought that being a Tx only connection this wouldn't be necessary.
davesalmon Posted - 14/05/2022 : 18:28:40
Thanks for your advice Ulli, that worked.
davesalmon Posted - 12/05/2022 : 20:50:56
Yes, I can connect the Flarm diectly to the Soartronic. That is how it used to be. I only used the splitter to get the LED+ working.
Yes, using 7.3.14
AlphaLima Posted - 12/05/2022 : 20:31:08
For Flarm traffic we need the data reception Rx only, while for declaration and File download we need both drections Rx/Tx
AlphaLima Posted - 12/05/2022 : 20:18:08
OK Dave, can you remove the LX Splitter as well. Since Flarm download works for my Flarm, I suspect something in your hardware. Do you use the latest Beta version?
davesalmon Posted - 12/05/2022 : 15:31:05
I tried pulling the plug from the LED+ display, but it didn't make any difference, even though LK8000 is seeing and using the Flarm data, it does not see it to download files.
davesalmon Posted - 11/05/2022 : 18:55:17
I will give that a try Ulli, though the LX splitter is supposed to get around the problem when the display is connected to a Tx only port.
AlphaLima Posted - 11/05/2022 : 17:19:36
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

Could this be a similar problem to that of failing to declare to the Flarm unless the display is switched off?

Yes, sounds like the FLARM display is driving against the Soartronic BT adapter. Please try a download without the display connected.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy