PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 LK and Flarm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davesalmon Posted - 31/07/2020 : 19:04:47
My setup is Swiss Flarm connected to a Soartronic BT module, which then sends data to my Nokia 8. For Device A I use Generic (because the Nokia 8 is not mentioned) and BT:Soartronic.I also use Generic for Device model.
I always assumed from years ago that a Flarm data feed took priority, but Device B Internal seems to take over until I do a Com Port reset. The Flarm data is then used.
This seems to be a fairly recent problem, should I use Flarm instead of Generic?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
brunotl Posted - 21/08/2020 : 16:54:36
the real question is why flarm is lost ?
davesalmon Posted - 21/08/2020 : 09:22:59
OK that could be the reason, because Flarm does take far longer to start up than LK, and internal gps does find location quite quickly.. However it wasn't happening when I first used this setup, only started doing it recently.
Surely in flight, if Device A (Flarm) is lost, and LK falls back to Device B (Internal), when Flarm is found again, even though Internal has valid fix, LK automatically falls back to Device A again due to Flarm priority. This doesn't seem to be any different to initial startup with Device B.
brunotl Posted - 20/08/2020 : 22:15:29
if you start LK before Bt module, it can't connect to flarm, still device B have valid fix, it don't restart comme port automaticaly...

it like that from always...
davesalmon Posted - 20/08/2020 : 20:32:43
I flew today, yet again I had to reset the com ports in flight before LK started to use Flarm data via the Soartronic BT module.
davesalmon Posted - 14/08/2020 : 12:28:44
That priority has always been my understanding Ulli, yet for some reason it didn't happen. Once I did the ComPort reset it was fine. I'll see what happens next time, though when that will be with the terrible flying weather we are getting I don't know.
AlphaLima Posted - 14/08/2020 : 11:37:47
Dave,
the priority is Device A: over B: over C: ...
Generic or FLARM driver have no difference except that the FLARM driver has a "download IGC File" function.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy