PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 new beta version 7.1g

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AlphaLima Posted - 12/01/2020 : 11:04:29
new Beta Version 7.1g is available for download:
Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.test
all other patforms:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/releases/tag/7.1g
Please report any problem relatetd to this version in this thread:

Manual addendum:
https://www.lk8000.it/manual/LK8000_71.pdf

Yotaphone 2, use dithered color.
Support SoftRF Dongle USB device
fix "Next Distance To Radius" for finish turnpoint
add traditional chinese language
workaround GPS week number roll-over
few minor other bug fix and improvements
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danielvelez Posted - 28/01/2020 : 18:57:48
Ok. Video should be public now... I missed a few steps loading it to youtube.

I´m gonna try to log the nmea as you suggest and send the feedback then.
brunotl Posted - 27/01/2020 : 21:49:57
you video is private, we can't watch it.

in replay, headwinf is calulated using wind estimation in circling, same as if you only use only GPS data.

to make nmea log just go in menu "Config 2/3" -> "NMEA Logger", for each configured device a file is created in "_Logger" folder.

danielvelez Posted - 27/01/2020 : 20:19:57
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

quote:
Originally posted by danielvelez

Hello.

I have a bug on versions g and h, during this weekend flying. Bug seems to be that "head wind" field goes crazy showing big numbers, even getting over the other data fields, and thus the speed to fly speed shows 0, so mccready speed to fly is unusable.

I´m using a hisense a2 pro, and connected to a bluetooth airspeed and vario (altair).

As AlphaLima says, we need the NMEA log...

But if you have external Airspeed, HeadWind is simply "TrueAirSpeed - GroundSpeed"

So problem can come from :
- Bug in External device sending wrong airspeed
- BUG in device GPS reporting a wrong ground speed
- BUG in LK8000 Drivers you use to get data from external device.
- BUG in LK8000 GPS Driver used to get GroundSpeed

for two first we can't do anything, for the two last we need to know witch driver you use and NMEA Log to check what data is really sent by device...

Ok. Prior to versions h, and i, the phone worked good. (With the gps workaround at first and then with your special version). I have not updated any firmware on the airspeed sensor or vario sensor, and the phone hasn´t updated any "firmware" at all.

If i "replay" the igc, there is no issues with the info and everything works great, but during flight the info was wrong...

Here you can see at the end of this short video, the screen on the instrument, showing looooonng string on the HdWind field and the "Speed to Fly" showing 0.

https://youtu.be/kJkl_hDapUE

I have configured, lower left to Indicated Airspeed as received from the bluetooth feed, and on the lower right, speed to fly.

How can I "make" a nmea log for you guys? Any suggested app for trying it out on the next adventure?

brunotl Posted - 27/01/2020 : 14:31:34
quote:
Originally posted by danielvelez

Hello.

I have a bug on versions g and h, during this weekend flying. Bug seems to be that "head wind" field goes crazy showing big numbers, even getting over the other data fields, and thus the speed to fly speed shows 0, so mccready speed to fly is unusable.

I´m using a hisense a2 pro, and connected to a bluetooth airspeed and vario (altair).

As AlphaLima says, we need the NMEA log...

But if you have external Airspeed, HeadWind is simply "TrueAirSpeed - GroundSpeed"

So problem can come from :
- Bug in External device sending wrong airspeed
- BUG in device GPS reporting a wrong ground speed
- BUG in LK8000 Drivers you use to get data from external device.
- BUG in LK8000 GPS Driver used to get GroundSpeed

for two first we can't do anything, for the two last we need to know witch driver you use and NMEA Log to check what data is really sent by device...

AlphaLima Posted - 27/01/2020 : 07:50:10
OK, thanks for reporting,
I'm afraid we need a NMEA logs of one of your flights to reproduce that.
danielvelez Posted - 27/01/2020 : 03:33:33
Hello.

brunotl Posted - 25/01/2020 : 17:38:58
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen
Sorry, forgot to say.
I use the PC version, which have the same issue.

no problem, others platform are available here :
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/releases/tag/7.1i

Robert Haugen Posted - 25/01/2020 : 16:55:59
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

we have found the problem and publish a new version a 7.1i on GPlay.

Sorry, forgot to say.
I use the PC version, which have the same issue.
brunotl Posted - 25/01/2020 : 16:22:57
we have found the problem and publish a new version a 7.1i on GPlay.
Robert Haugen Posted - 25/01/2020 : 16:14:26
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

I have just updated the old Android phone I use with Condor, to 7.1h. As soon as the data stream starts a message pops up on the screen every few seconds, "Master Time Reset".
As soon as the data stream is stopped by either pausing Condor or starting the Exit process, the message stops. Didn't occur previously, though can't be certain whether it was version f or g.

I have the same issue.
davesalmon Posted - 23/01/2020 : 23:26:05
Will do.
Dave
brunotl Posted - 23/01/2020 : 23:13:32
quote:
Originally posted by davesalmon

I have just updated the old Android phone I use with Condor, to 7.1h. As soon as the data stream starts a message pops up on the screen every few seconds, "Master Time Reset".
As soon as the data stream is stopped by either pausing Condor or starting the Exit process, the message stops. Didn't occur previously, though can't be certain whether it was version f or g.

can you do a NMEA Log and send it to me ?
davesalmon Posted - 23/01/2020 : 16:37:32
brunotl Posted - 19/01/2020 : 13:12:45
I have found a critical bug in 7.1g, to avoid problem, please upgrade to 7.1h

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lk8000.test
all other patforms:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/releases/tag/7.1h

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy