PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Paragliding race modes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ventus2a Posted - 29/04/2016 : 07:17:55
Hi.

I am a new user from Lk8000 an Kobo from GoFl Instruments.

Please three questions:

1.) How I can insert the start time for a race to goal task?
2.) It can calculate the remaining time to start, speed to start etc.?
3.) I can insert the end of speed section?

Thanks, Peter
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cstampler Posted - 28/01/2020 : 18:40:42
After almost 4 years now, may I ask once again to please work on the requested feature for paragliders? Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks & regards,

Chris.
Slople Posted - 29/04/2019 : 23:49:09
quote:
@Slople: how do you manage SSS and ESS in XCS ?

I don't. I bought an Android for XCTrack only for this.
cstampler Posted - 28/04/2019 : 19:37:39
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen

All competitions I have flown I simply enter the task on the task board without takeoff cylinder (excluding the "TO" shown in the picture).

All the comps I have attended so far do include the takeoff in the actual task distance, therefore deleting or not even entering the takeoff would result in a different task distance to what is written on the on the taskboard.
cstampler Posted - 28/04/2019 : 17:32:44
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Haugen
Is it the takeoff cylinder to are deleting, or the start cylinder?

It is actually the take off cylinder to be deleted, I wrote that wrong in my other posting and have already corrected it, thank you Robert!

Robert Haugen Posted - 28/04/2019 : 10:36:03
quote:
However, after entering the waypoints it requires to erase the start cylinder later to check if the distances are correct.

Is it the takeoff cylinder to are deleting, or the start cylinder?

LK8000 doesnt need the takeoff cylinder to calculate the task correctly, as long as the take off cylinder is not the actual start cylinder enter/exit.

All competitions I have flown I simply enter the task on the task board without takeoff cylinder (excluding the "TO" shown in the picture).

Then I go to task analysis and check that the task km is correct according to the taskboard. Which has been correct all the time.

Flymaster for example, needs the takeoff cylinder to start and calculate the task correctly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZV6zVTP7XTE4U777
cstampler Posted - 27/04/2019 : 14:19:28
quote:
Originally posted by brunotl

we have real problem if SSS are not the takeoff or next turnpoint after takeoff, but i've never seen that...

In most paragliding comps I've attended so far the SSS was not the takeoff but the next turnpoint. However, after entering the waypoints it requires to erase the take off cylinder later to check if the distances are correct. It is possible to use LK8000 with this workaround - yes. But avoiding this unnecessary fumbling during the high tension & concentration phase while preparing yourself for a comp task would be gratefully appreciated...

Regarding the second issue: You are right, this is only about the time stats, which is not essential as the path is optimized all the way to the goal line which shouldn't cause any problem as for example resulting in running short. I was wrong on that in my upper posting. Sorry, my mistake.
bo. Posted - 25/04/2019 : 09:11:32
quote:
-before takeoff when you enter the task, you don't see task distance including takeoff to Start and you need to add it yourself to check the taskboard distance.

I am glad you have this on your to do list! I too hope this will be implemented soon. Checking the total distance is an efficient way of confirming that the task has been entered correctly.
brunotl Posted - 24/04/2019 : 11:31:06
i see only to problem in all this thread :
- before takeoff when you enter the task, you don't see task distance including takeoff to Start and you need to add it yourself to check the taskboard distance.
- after landing when you look task statistics, task time include time from ESS to goal...

we have real problem if SSS are not the takeoff or next turnpoint after takeoff, but i've never seen that...

anyway, this two feature are in todo list but not with hight priority.

@Slople: how do you manage SSS and ESS in XCS ?

Slople Posted - 23/04/2019 : 21:45:37
Ouch! This is really a bummer... :-(
I wanted to switch from XCS to LK8000 due to FAI triangle optimizer, but this problem will prevent a real use in comps...
cstampler Posted - 13/04/2019 : 18:03:20
Oh come on, I elaborated on that way before. Optimized until ESS? You must be kidding, if you rely on this you won't make it to goal and run short resulting in a not completed task. Totally useless. Furthermore: what's up with SSS? My request is three years ago now...

Would be so much appreciated if only the paraglidng race features would be implemented at last. Any chance in this life?

Regards.

brunotl Posted - 12/04/2019 : 02:34:32
I've added "Circle ESS" long time ago for have right optimized path to ESS, the only "in flight" real problem.

cstampler Posted - 11/04/2019 : 22:20:34
Since over another year has passed now I‘d like to ask once more if there are plans to improve racing features like mentioned above?

Thanks & regards
cstampler Posted - 13/01/2018 : 16:08:03
Since more than another year has passed now without any improvements on competition modes for paragliders such as the implementation of for example at least 'SSS' and 'ESS' I wanted to kindly ask again if it would be possible to forward these issues soon?

Would be highly appreciated, since the 2018 competition season is about to begin...

Thanks & regards.
Coolwind Posted - 07/01/2017 : 19:26:04
Currently there is enough work pending to make the android version. 6.0 for android is still on the way. Not much time to do anything else I am afraid!!
cstampler Posted - 07/01/2017 : 17:59:11
Hey there,

ok, since Version 6.0 is out now for some time and an update already came out without any changes on the issue mentioned above, do you think it is possible to begin working on it from now on?

Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy