PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 New things in next versions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coolwind Posted - 24/02/2011 : 19:39:57
Kalman is at a good point with new airspaces management.
Probably supporting also another airspace file format.

We shall be loading tasks from CUP files.

Optimized paths for paragliders, and get rid of AAT and similar stuff unused by them.

Mateusz is doing mission impossible, OLC.

Just wanted to let you know.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enders13 Posted - 26/04/2011 : 15:19:23
Another one for this airspace cross section. Can you please re-configure the background. I run a Dell Axim x51v which works just on trans reflective (no backlight) perfectly but this screen is just way too dark.

the main screen works perfecly so if you can either have configurable colours or get rid of back colour and just have black graph and coloured airspace boxes I would be very grateful.

Great work guys, I will be making a donation shortly.
Enders13 Posted - 26/04/2011 : 12:46:29
As a free flying paraglider pilot I don't use waypoints much. I would on a declared FIA or Goal but normally I'm just flying for distance and any way the wind blows me.

I would prefer to have the airspace shown on my headding only. The thermal orbiter takes drift into account and I would like to throw this in the mix, while thermalling the airspace could take the drift into account and show the airspace in that direction. The calculation is already being done so no extra computation?

What do you think?
AlphaLima Posted - 19/04/2011 : 16:55:02
Any plans on sideview changes?
AlphaLima Posted - 05/04/2011 : 13:56:55
Now with the 2.1e Version the side view is updated automatically. That is a great improvement. But now it is obvious that it is useless to show the airspace in heading direction (especially while circling). Another point is the shown heading angle. I think it would be much better to show the final glide angle.

An intuitive approach can be seen in iGlide:
http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/index.php/produkte/iglide-segelflug-navigation/funktionen/gleitpfad-und-seitenansicht

regards
AL
elias Posted - 24/03/2011 : 14:23:14
Should be easy to let switch beween two modes for the Airspace analysis or /and add some filtering on the heading ( last 5 seconds should do )
AlphaLima Posted - 21/03/2011 : 15:58:49
OK, may be a better idea to make it ajustable.
but I cannot follow your argument, indeed thats what I want to see with it:
"Is it possible to make a direct final glide from my current position or not?"
MPusz Posted - 21/03/2011 : 14:07:50
I like the idea of seeing airspaces in front of you and not be fixed to some path. Sometimes you cannot fly a task with a shortest line between the waypoints.

For now the only difference in that window is that Info->Analysis is dynamically reprinted each second so OLC results and Airspaces may be reviewed in real time without the need to refresh manually. I also thought that the airspaces could be printed using Alpha Blending, so you can see more than one airspace if they overlap.
AlphaLima Posted - 21/03/2011 : 13:48:07
quote:
Originally posted by Coolwind

Kalman is at a good point with new airspaces management.

Does that include the airspace side view like iGlide does?
It is allready included (Info->Analysis->Airspace), the problem is, that is not usefull since it shows the sideview of the direct heading. (which changes to much)
It would be much more helpfull if it would show the sideview of the direct line current position -> selected target (The black rubber line).

Just a hint
AL
CaptED Posted - 21/03/2011 : 13:37:39
Hi to All..

I also am a Condor User..
Here is how I setup LK8000..
I find the specific LK map and terrian file..
I copy from Condor the waypoint cup files...
This way Condor and LK have the say waypoints...

Here is why I think the IGC files as a source of turnpoints makes sense...

Condor task creating allows you to make Turnpoints of your choosing....
After flying it you are able to save it out as a IGC...
When you attempt to manually create the same task in LK8000 you can not account
turnpoint must be a specific location... designated by the Waypoint file...

Here is another way of thinking about it.....

I know you can have 2 waypoint files in different formats (.CUP,.DAT,& .GPS )
So what about a way to convert IGC files to Waypoint files.
One thing about this method as a user I could unload the main Waypoints file..
then create the Task manually with only the NEW waypoints showing... making it dead simple...

Hope all the above makes sense...
Thanks
Ed

FlyingEye Posted - 21/03/2011 : 10:52:03
quote:
Originally posted by MPusz

quote:
Originally posted by FlyingEye
It's just a file format they happen to have in common, and in the land of GPS that isn't a bad thing at all.

I might be wrong here, but I think that detailed task information in IGC file is not standardized or demanded? Many IGC certified loggers do not support things like observation zones. Without that information it is not possible to construct a task in LK8000.

Hehe, I've no idea either about it being standard or demanded.

I don't doubt that some loggers can't or choose not to do it.

And of course it is worth pointing out that I am interested in solving for the Condor user first and foremost.

I'm simply asking that the data which is there could and probably should be used in an innovative way where that is possible. It may be that others see it as an advantage later and join in with that idea or stay as they are.

The fact that this is possible in Seeyou and that Seeyou is very popular means it could help a great number of people if it were to be allowed to happen. So, to summarise all Condor users and all Seeyou users could benefit from such a thing if it were possible. I'd guess that must be a significant number of people?

I'm not asking that it makes or copies the task for us, just to allow that the data for making a task (already there in a dependable format in the open IGC file) should be visible in the list of waypoints and that the LK user can pick them, to manually make a task for use in LK.

Without this, LK is less independent, it means being dependent on a whole host of other things that need to be assembled to make it happen. What would be the case for anyone wanting to add needless complexity in such a way?

I'd have to vote in favour of doing the right simple thing at just the right moment.

I agree that everything you said is quite probably correct, but returning to practicalities, is it really a good reason to resist innovation and real progress in an already tricky/messy area?
FlyingEye Posted - 21/03/2011 : 10:29:10
quote:

quote:
"Translation START
ERROR: Please copy 'DEFAULT_PROFILE.prf' file to 'data' director

It means that you provided a wrong path to LK8000, so it cannot find your PRF file. You can either fix it or provide PRF file manually to LK8000 by copying it to a "data" subdirectory in Condor2Nav project. Please contact me on Condor2Nav forum or via email on that. I do not want to spam LK8000 forum.

I followed the install instructions to the best of my ability, and I navigated to the location as described and then copied the path from the desktop explorer to make sure it was as right as it can be.

However I do agree that we should avoid spamming C2N stuff here and will take that aspect up with you in e-mail now we have a channel open. That is almost a shame in this particular case as others who may also be lost and searching on how to make it all work nicely won't see what we discuss, and then maybe won't solve their problem by learning from that if it does have a good outcome. That situation does not arise very often!

See you in e-mail on this one.
MPusz Posted - 21/03/2011 : 08:38:16
quote:
It's just a file format they happen to have in common, and in the land of GPS that isn't a bad thing at all.

I might be wrong here, but I think that detailed task information in IGC file is not standardized or demanded? Many IGC certified loggers do not support things like observation zones. Without that information it is not possible to construct a task in LK8000.
MPusz Posted - 21/03/2011 : 08:31:49
quote:
"Translation START
ERROR: Please copy 'DEFAULT_PROFILE.prf' file to 'data' director

It means that you provided a wrong path to LK8000, so it cannot find your PRF file. You can either fix it or provide PRF file manually to LK8000 by copying it to a "data" subdirectory in Condor2Nav project. Please contact me on Condor2Nav forum or via email on that. I do not want to spam LK8000 forum.
FlyingEye Posted - 21/03/2011 : 00:37:09
quote:

LK8000 ignores task data in IGC file while replaying it.

I may not have explained it as well I needed to;

If I make a task, then fly it and save an IGC file in Condor, the task info is then available in a constant format, and independently of any other data being available or not as the case may be.

This results in a bullet proof method to get a task into LK from Condor, and quite possibly from other sources too. It's just a file format they happen to have in common, and in the land of GPS that isn't a bad thing at all.

LK may ignore the data now, but if LK instead chose to simply read that info, and make it available in the points list in memory then you could use it constructively. I mean, as long as you already opened the IGC, why not make that situation as useful as possible? You don't need to play the IGC to extract the task info. This is a great and rare opportunity to get lat and long etc. in an implicitly understood format too!

As far as I have been able to work out it's lines starting with the letter C and which contain positional info, the end point is duplicated in subsequent lines to end the section of data as far as I can see. Start and End are labelled and other stuff in between must be the way points making up task.

I only started looking in there yesterday and have no docs for the format but was able to spot this much already. I'd add that I've not coded for 30 years too, so it must be a fairly obvious move if I could spot it so easily. <shrug>

Can I ask that you at least consider this please?
FlyingEye Posted - 20/03/2011 : 23:31:52
quote:

LK8000 ignores task data in IGC file while replaying it. We get only GPS fixes from IGC file.
For Condor I recommend you trying my other project: Condor2Nav (http://sourceforge.net/projects/condor2nav).

OK, followed instructions and got this

"Translation START
ERROR: Please copy 'DEFAULT_PROFILE.prf' file to 'data' director"

As I said earlier, it is rather frustrating.

Thanks for trying though.

PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy