PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
PF Home | International_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Upload image
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Beta 6.1c0 (ANDROID)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

AlphaLima

Germany
1288 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  20:25:11  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, don't worry. using own files is possible and will allways be.
Go to Top of Page

MaxNero
Pulcino

Italy
11 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  20:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! I am very happy with the availabilty of LK8000 for Android. Since the bluetooth is not yet available, I am converting my vario to WiFi. To connect with LK8000 no problem at all (I used a EPS8262 as TCP server), but I noticed that even sending a fixed pressure value, the vertical velocity has a noise of 0.2 m / s, but with XCSoar, this value it remains constant. Obviously, this also changes the barometric height.
For simplicity, I'm using the protocol of BlueFlyVario (pascal pressure in hexadecimal).
Thanks for your work!
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8851 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  21:06:05  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LK does not smooth pressure values with a real filter , since it was never made to replace a variom eternal.
There is no vario sound for the same reason.

Go to Top of Page

dg500
Pulcino

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  21:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flying in SIM mode thru the rather complex airspace around Dortmund, I notice cut off text in portrait mode. I did not find a font setting to adjust the text size for airspace warning msgs. Did I overlook it?

Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1288 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  23:24:32  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you're using quit long Waypoint names. Soon or later it must be truncated.
You can limit the lenght to a number of characters to the first x (x=3,5,8,10,12) on setup page 3.
before you post new pics please make them a bit smaller.
Go to Top of Page

twentyknots
Pulcino

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  10:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed on my MotoG phone and it works really well - fast and responsive even on a cheap phone. Whether LK8000 on Android on Linux is reliable we shall see, I guess closing all the apps you can will help. My car nav app certainly just stops occasionally - just when things get critical.

Getting the airspace and waypoint files in the right place was a bit 'nerdy' though, the LK8000 folders were not visible from my Linux PC so I had to copy them into a visible folder and then move them manually on the phone. I guess this is all to do with permissions and no physical SD card in this phone.

This has motivated me to buy a new phone with a larger high brightness screen, such as the Samsung Note series (not the 7!) with 800nits will then be an upgrade from my V2, and I can then use it for car navigation and be able to read the small print!

I'm not sure whether setting up comms to a vario is really worth the hassle, GPS height is fine, and all the other air data will be available on the vario. Uploading a task to a Power Flarm unit might be nice, but I could not get that to work from a V2 via an S80 vario, maybe a direct connection would work.
Go to Top of Page

maxb
Pulcino

17 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  10:29:25  Show Profile  Visit maxb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Integrating the download of wpt and airspaces directly from OpenAIP in LKMAPS app could be an idea to simplify this phase.

OpenAIP airspace files are bigger that the same in OpenAir format, but not too much.
Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

38 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  10:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Many thanks to the developers for this great job. I installed LK8000 on a Mi5 which has a very bright screen and runs very smooth. I made 2 flights under sunny conditions; the screen is as good as my V2 and LK8000 worked as expected.
One question: what are the plans to implement more connexions capabilities for exemple UART0, UART1 etc..

Henri

Edited by - rexfux on 13/02/2017 12:51:41
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Aquila imperiale

France
417 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  14:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rexfux
One question: what are the plans to implement more connexions capabilities for exemple UART0, UART1 etc..

in first time my todo list is : Bluetooth, IOIOboard, USB CDC serial

Go to Top of Page

rexfux
Pulcino

38 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  18:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[in first time my todo list is : Bluetooth, IOIOboard, USB CDC serial]
That sounds perfect

Thank you

Henri
Go to Top of Page

pegasus
Pulcino

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2017 :  03:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on this Android version, its brilliant. Runs really quickly on my Galaxy S7, panning fast and smooth too. So easy to install from Google Play, easy to get maps and after simply connecting to my PC copying waypoints and airspace took 30 seconds, nothing to it.

With the resolution on my phone it looks really sharp and clear. Lots of opportunity now to talk about the best and brightest android devices?

Thanks again for all your hard work to get here.
Go to Top of Page

Mtbrider
Pulcino

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  18:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I ask how people are finding the LK8000 folder to put the waypoints and airspace in please. I have looked around my phone, via the pc, moved the program from the phone to the SD card, looked for it, moved it back, looked for it. Used the pc tp search for it, with hidden files ticked, but can not see it. Tried searching for LK8000 and just LK, but with no joy.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1365 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  18:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done it but not sure how it all works. I installed LK8000 and the maps, and because there was little room internally moved them over to the SD card. Looked in every available folder, no sign of LK8000, so could not copy Airspace and Waypoints in. Moved it back to internal, found LK8000, did the necessary copy and paste, moved it all back to the SD card where it now is, and works, but is totally invisible, except the Apps confirms it is on the card.
I once tried XCSoar and that appeared quite normally on the card, as you would expect, why doesn't LK8000?
Go to Top of Page

sasa
Pulcino

Croatia
44 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2017 :  01:08:04  Show Profile  Visit sasa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cloudsun9

It looks and works beautifully on my Yotaphone 2.
Like a last beta.
Thank you.

Have you tried LKmaps?
On my Yotaphone2 LKmaps not working.
Also when work on E-ink screen swap orientation when exit from some setup menu.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8851 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2017 :  01:21:57  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony is about to release an LKMaps for PC Desktop very nice, so people can generate their own maps choosing any place and any terrain resolution.
This said, what do you mean "not working"? It doesnt start, or what?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - P.I. 05264240960