PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Paragliders
 Competition Time gates tsk not started
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lk2cloud
Pulcino

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2017 :  13:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo,

i have a Kobo Glo with a GlobalTop GPS PA6H connected to serial port. All works fine.
Only in competition when i define a task with a timegate the task is never started. In simulation mode it works perfectly.
I found an issue about it on this site https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/issues/891
I tried a lot of things, i think the problem is the Hardware.

best regards Wieland

lk2cloud
Pulcino

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2017 :  12:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So i have tried a lot of things and found out something:
When i start Kobo the NMEA output starts with time 00h 00m 00s. When GPS has the first fix time is updated to the actual time.
When i disable the GPS in configuration, turn Kobo off, turn Kobo on and wait until i think GPS has fix then go to configuration and enable gps again (Generic) it works ! Timegates and all is ok now !
So i will try if it is better when i take the backup power of the GPS to the Vbat.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2017 :  14:23:49  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We can fix this glitch. First nmea time stamp should be skipped if 00. But normally we check the valid date : this mean that your gps is faulty when sending out that time claiming it to be very true. Anyway, we shall not hold valid a first time fix with 0.
Go to Top of Page

lk2cloud
Pulcino

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2017 :  15:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is other simple way to do: Start kobo, wait until you think GPS has fix and than start LK8000. This works for me good so nothing else to do.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2017 :  15:40:56  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a simple patch.
Go to Top of Page

sundancer
Pulcino

Czech Republic
34 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  14:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have this issue been fixes? Because on some Kobos with updated system my friends still have this problem.
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1096 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  20:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think yes, in version >= 7.1e
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy