PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 Lk running on Android
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2016 :  00:31:55  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who missed the hidden announce it is now officially also on our website.
We are currently alpha testing lk on android. When a beta is available you will find it on Google Play where we already have registered our account, and the LKNET app for kobo is already available.

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2016 :  12:52:24  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for all the LK8000 team work on this one.

LKNET: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.LK8000.lknet

Edited by - parapenT1sta on 25/12/2016 15:06:53
Go to Top of Page

bo.
Pterodattilo

843 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2016 :  17:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, looking forward to the beta release! Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2016 :  12:36:17  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I flew for the first time with CONDOR Sim and my Galaxy TAB 4 and LK8000 !
awesome experience and incredible speed and multytasking performance .... just perfect !
I think that in a few years this will be the future ok LK8000 on a glider, maybe with more lighting but this is the way !
I think I will be hard to go back to my old V2 and for the new V3 I think there will be very uncertain future ...... I'm sorry you are very LATE !!!!
now its time to think about building cables to connect the glider .....

many thanks for the effort to all of you !!!!!!!
Fax

PS: seems to be a little problem in TRENTO during the flight...., but I think that will be fixed soon .... maybe :-))))))))))))

Pier Fassina
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2016 :  15:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierfax
PS: seems to be a little problem in TRENTO during the flight...., but I think that will be fixed soon .... maybe :-))))))))))))

what problem in TRENTO ?
Go to Top of Page

pierfax
Pterodattilo

Italy
1030 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2016 :  15:48:12  Show Profile  Visit pierfax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just a joke!
everything is perfect as always!

Pier Fassina
Go to Top of Page

JBlyth
Aquilotto

Australia
229 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2017 :  22:18:43  Show Profile  Visit JBlyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful news!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sirchdobo
Pulcino

13 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2017 :  05:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great news, I ran LK i think from around V2 but moved to XCsoar when my holux died. looking forward to running LK again.
Go to Top of Page

zweidee
Pulcino

Germany
41 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2017 :  15:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to install it end of Dec 2016 on an Atrix 4G with CM10.2 (Android 4.2.2), but failed. :-(
There is only a black screen when the App is starting and nothing happens.
Tried to update today, but Symptoms are persisting.
So I will farther use my old iPaQ314.
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2017 :  15:46:10  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would you please send us the file called Runtime.log ? it can help us understand what's going on. thx!
Go to Top of Page

zweidee
Pulcino

Germany
41 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2017 :  20:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Paolo, but I removed the App from the Atrix completely and, according to the Filemanager, there are no bits left of it (not even in the Cache).

Will try it another time again and report then.

Kind Regards HPD
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  00:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zweidee... Those Cyanogenmod Android versions are very tricky, not everything is operational on these highly modified Android distributions, so I am quite sure LK8000 is not working because something essential is missing in your android.. So please do not blame LK8000 for this, it is probably caused by this CM Adroid version.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  16:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been flying two long flights with LK8000 Android on my Nexus 5X phone.

Visually everything works fine
Data on the display is accurate
Map moves smoothly
On my Nexus 5X, no issue with the sun, I can easily read everything.
Reactions to taps and gestures are smooth and instant, works much better then on my GG.

So everything seems to work fine.. except.. for the audio outputs!

I did not pay much attention to this but at home I was playing with LK8000, and suddenly I realized some sound outputs are not there...sometimes.. Because I am more a visual oriented with LK8000, I did not pay much attention to the sounds it makes, but suddenly I started to realize something was missing.. OK, before I go into detail let me make a video of it, so you can see/hear for yourself... bear with me!

[EDIT] During making of the video, it seems that sounds generated by tapping the screen are missing most of the time.. but sometimes a little sliver of a sound can be heard.. I have watched this video a few times, and it seems when a sound is played from within the program (like with Best Alternate or TakeOff), and I tap the screen at the same moment, at that moment also the sound associated with the tap can be heard.. I don't know if this is significant.

I tried with Android setting "tap sounds" ON and OFF, but makes no difference

I tried with Android setting "Keyboard sounds" ON and OFF, but makes no difference.

https://youtu.be/kikUJrR6yto .

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039

Edited by - Marco from Hangar 5 on 21/07/2017 20:16:50
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  21:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cheap Moto E version 1, running Android 5.1 seems to give all the sounds you would expect from LK8000. Don't use it for flying, but sounds are there in replay.
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2017 :  23:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I switched over to LK8000 on my phone for flying, because it works a lot smoother.. I find it a big deal and a relief that LK8000 instantly reacts to my taps now, this was such a big irritator for me with the GG.. How many times I have tapped just one time too many with multimaps, or the info pages, to get back to the main screen..countless times this happened to me and drives me crazy! .

Display is really good of the Nexus 5x, it is not as bright as the GG, but a lot sharper. (the video does not really show this, it seems a bit out of focus because the camera is optimized for endless distance while the lens is just 20cm away from the screen) This sound issue is not a big deal for me, I did not even notice in the beginning and it will not stop me from using it in the cockpit. The most important message sounds are there though

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy