PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Lk8000 in Raspberry PI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fabionet31
Pulcino

7 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2018 :  15:44:44  Show Profile  Visit fabionet31's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

i need to install LK800 on Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, i see this message
" LK can be compiled to produce executable for Raspberry PI."

can i have information for this?

in this page:
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/wiki/Linux

there are many informations but not sure is correct procedure and I'm not sure the correct source code:

https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2018 :  20:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is all you need :

quote:

Raspberry Pi 2

dependencies :
zlib1g-dev
libzzip-dev
libpng-dev
libfreetype6-dev
libgeographic-dev
libboost-dev
libinput-dev
libudev-dev
libglm-dev
libsndfile1-dev
libasound2-dev
xsltproc
imagemagick

PI=<rPi rootfs directory>
required only for cross compile.

Go to Top of Page

Romek
Pulcino

Poland
29 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2018 :  20:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I tried to install LK8000 on RPI Zero W and I got the following error: "no lk800 folder check installation". LK8000 was built in /home directory. This didn't work so I tried different folders but without a success. Can someone confirm that LK8000 should be built in /home directory? If so, do you know where I did a mistake?
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2018 :  20:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have run '$make install' ?
Go to Top of Page

Romek
Pulcino

Poland
29 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2018 :  20:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did run 'make TARGET=PI install'

Edited by - Romek on 19/11/2018 20:35:55
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2018 :  21:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
install directory used by makefile is "~/LK8000", you can check RUNTIME.log for see what directory is missing ...
Go to Top of Page

Romek
Pulcino

Poland
29 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2018 :  22:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, it was a good tip. Directory that works for me is '~/home/pi/LK8000'. The following files were missing:
1) files from _Bitmaps with extension *.PNG (present files there were with *.BMP extension).
2) files _Configuration
3) folder _Language was missing
4) DEFAULT_MENU.TXT from _System folder
I do not know why these files/folders were missing. I added files to _Bitmaps folder with *.PNG extension from KoboRoot.tgz, however some graphics are not good, see left down corner in this photo: https://imageshack.com/i/poSGMfE8j
After some time even more icons appeared in this corner. I will investigate this further.

Edited by - Romek on 19/11/2018 22:55:33
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2018 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you don't have right png files...

"$make install" generate right files and copy it in your '~/home/pi/LK8000', if it's not done you should have an error somewhere...

for resume :
image are converted to right format line 1710 of Makefile using imagemagick and all required files (including png's) are copied to installation path line 1541 to 156 of Makefile

you do a build on PI or you do a cross compilation ?

if you do a cross compilation, use "$make TARGET=PI distrib" you will get a "PI-install.zip" archive containing all required files ....
Go to Top of Page

Romek
Pulcino

Poland
29 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2018 :  09:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for double check, I removed all files related to LK8000 from my RPI0 and I downloaded LK files from git and I used this time '$sudo make install' command to build. I got to the same situation as the last time, some files are missing. In the following photo: https://imageshack.com/i/pnzjyh6dj you can see on the left side print screen of files just after build is finished and on the right side the same folder after trying to turn on LK8000. New files/folders are created, but still to make it working I need to copy files from other folders into this one.

During every compilation I got a few warnings like this:

CXX Bin/LINUX/Draw/LKDrawWelcome.o
Common/Source/Draw/LKDrawWelcome.cpp:45:91: warning: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Wdate-time]
ffer,TEXT("%s v%s.%s %s"),_T(LKFORK),_T(LKVERSION),_T(LKRELEASE),_T(__DATE__));
^
CXX Bin/LINUX/Draw/LKGeneralAviation.o
Common/Source/Draw/LKGeneralAviation.cpp:24:2: warning: #warning "to slow, rewrite using freetype outline" [-Wcpp]
#warning "to slow, rewrite using freetype outline"
^~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

brunotl
Pterodattilo

France
1090 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2018 :  12:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why do you use $sudo ?

debian don't preserve $HOME envvars for sudo, when you use sudo your $HOME directory become "/root", so :

with sudo "~/LK8000" is "/root/LK8000"
without sudo "~/LK8000" is "/home/pi/LK8000" ( if your user is 'pi' for sure )

all files AND binary are probably in "/root/LK8000"
Go to Top of Page

Romek
Pulcino

Poland
29 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2018 :  09:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like that I overcomplicated this a lot. Thank you for explanation - now it is good.

I have another observation - maybe this is for another topic. I am temporally using 'Raspbian Stretch with desktop' and when I turn LK8000 on, use it, and then close it, I can see that every touch had an effect not only on LK8000 but also on what was 'below' so Rasbian GUI - e.g. new windows are open or/and moved, etc. Is there any way to prevent it?
Go to Top of Page

Boooing
New Entry

1 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2018 :  15:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone give me a step-by-step instruction on how to install LK8000 on a raspberry pi?
Did I read this right I have to compile it first?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy