PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Task setting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mtbrider
Pulcino

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  17:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that setting a circular start point around my club, we are a winch only site, I do not always get LK to recognise it is a start point after I have gone out of it.
I have tried going back into the circle, after re-starting the task, but that showed the task as completed.
My solution was to remove that as a start point and use the first waypoint instead, I then got data for getting to that waypoint.
Was I doing something wrong, the manuals do not show much about task setting so I guess it should be simple.

Using the LK8000 on my Android phone as the screen is easy to read in sunlight.

Ps anyone know how to get an android's camera to focus out of the cockpit so I can see the view instead of the cockpit interior being in focus?

danielvelez
Falchetto

Colombia
145 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  00:30:26  Show Profile  Visit danielvelez's Homepage  Click to see danielvelez's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello MtBrider.

You could elaborate on the task that you are trying to create so we can try to help you out on how to set it. I´m a hangglider pilot and we use "hanggliding" mode on lk8000 and it´s really powerful enought to handle complex "in/out" starts and tasks.

About the "camera"... probably the cocpit is dirty? Some android cameras have "manual focus" but usually they autofocus... Try to "click" on the screen to select a focus point to see if you get it to focus outside the window.

And, perhaps do some tryouts on your car instead that on the plane.
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  09:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strange, because we have a set of local tasks with barrels for all TPs including start, and mine works fine. It also will automatically re-start by re-entering and leaving again.
Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  19:55:30  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you a PG pilot? If yes make sure you are in PG/HG aircraft mode.
Go to Top of Page

BravoLima
Aquilotto

Netherlands
276 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  21:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think he is a PG pilot (read the Ps)
Go to Top of Page

Mtbrider
Pulcino

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  17:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave and everyone, It is the local BR tasks which I have set up with barrels for start points, over the club at 1KM diameter. When I had an attempt at "silver" distance I could not get LK to recognise that I had crossed the start point, hence flying back into it and noticing that LK told me the task was completed, if only!
Checking the flight on "Seeyou" I fly out of the barrel on the way to the first thermal and back through the barrel when I have noticed that the task has not started.

Trying the flight in replay mode, the LK works a treat, as you describe Dave.

Thank you for the advice on the camera, it focuses inside the cockpit (DV panel or instrument panel) I will try clicking the screen on a point outside the cockpit and see if that works. I am a PG pilot.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Mtbrider
Pulcino

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  19:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

I have tried again, with several local tasks, all using a barrel start point. All worked as designed and faultless.

The tip for focusing the Android camera works too, click on the bit of the phone's screen that you wish to focus on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy