PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Help: Why the IGC log file is no longer created?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  10:01:35  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First, thanks for your excellent LK8000 software.

I use LK8000 on my Samsung phone and all is well. Occasionally my phone restarts so I also carry a Lenovo tablet to capture a backup IGC log file when attempting record flights. For some reason, the IGC files are no longer being created on the tablet (they were created a month ago). The tablet only records GPS altitude and this is adequate for the XCcontest.

Does anyone have a suggestion for why the IGC log is not created? What settings are used to control creation of the log file? What are the conditions for detecting takeoff and landing and how does this relate to creating the log file?

Thanks in advance for assistance,
Peter Evans

PS longest PPG FAI triangle this year was 208km http://jo.my/fly

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  10:48:23  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you have LK8000 aircraft setup as Paraglider/ Hang glider?

I made these tutorial for paragliding setup: https://parapent1sta.blogspot.pt
Go to Top of Page

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  12:03:00  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
parapenT1sta, thanks for your reply.

I have both devices set with the AIRCRAFT SETUP > CATEGORY set to PARAGLIDER/HANGGLIDER

And your configuration page is very useful.

Is there a way to check if the log is being created without flying e.g. driving or in simulate mode?

Peter

Go to Top of Page

parapenT1sta
Pterodattilo

Portugal
1864 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  12:42:16  Show Profile  Visit parapenT1sta's Homepage  Click to see parapenT1sta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by evanspj
Is there a way to check if the log is being created without flying e.g. driving or in simulate mode?

Peter

As far I know the only thing you can know, is the profile that was loaded by LK8000 when it's opened. This information is in Runtime.log file.
Go to Top of Page

evanspj
Pulcino

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  13:54:24  Show Profile  Visit evanspj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What are the conditions for detecting takeoff and landing and how does this relate to creating the log file?

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  11:33:50  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
conditions are documented in manuals. you are using a motor glider so general rule of GA plane should be configured.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy