PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 V2 on/off switch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2017 :  11:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd post this in case anyone else had the same problem. After many years of use, the on/off button went too far in, and didn't switch on the V2. Looking inside it seemed that the switch body had come detached from the board, so that the button was moving the whole switch, not the plunger. Fortunately it was still connected electrically, and there was no way I was going to break those connections to stick the body back on.
Just behind the switch was a large circuit board component, so I put a small piece of 2mm card between the two, then bending it over the top of the switch. This held the switch firm against the on/off button pressure, and with the screen replaced on top, and the bezels back on, hopefully it won't move. A quite cheap repair as well.

cernauta
Pterodattilo

802 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2018 :  13:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello David. I had the same problem. UNfortunately, after a few more uses with a comparable fix, the switch finally detached from the board.
A friend of mine did weld two wires to the original posts, and used the live terminals, protruding from the hole in the plastic body, to act as a switch. In my case however, there was no practical way to weld wires. I tried any other point of connection for the replacement of the on-off switch, but in the end I had to scrap the motherboard.
A friend gave me his device, with badly damaged screen and body, and I made a FrankenV2. Still working fine. By the way, the plastic body is getting older and the plastic is brittle. Beware not to overtighten the screws!

I think everyone should apply the correction (a rigid back support for the switch), before anything bad happens.

thanks for reminding me to write about my experience.

all the best,
aldo cernezzi
www.voloavela.it
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2018 :  18:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After some time, my switch stopped working altogether. At the moment I switch on using the re-set button, and switch off using a desktop icon. Everything seems to work as it should. Last week Lawrence hoped to have another prototype V3 ready for testing in 3 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

freewing70
Pterodattilo

Italy
1268 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2018 :  10:48:12  Show Profile  Visit freewing70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1st I consolidated this way
http://www.soaringwear.com/uploadz/02/images/914-IMG_20130807_222950.jpg

Then I even "eradicated" the power supply of my V2; here's how my friend Stefano mended it:
https://goo.gl/photos/5s67mJ7BnGLRDUiE9
it's a "Franken-V2"

...the only problem is that now LK doesn't understant when it's charging.

- enrico

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy