PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Hardware
 Need help with new download on Android/ Samsung
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim
New Entry

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2017 :  02:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge, android version 6.0.1.
I loaded lk8000beta and it always opens with my location in Ubione. Another Pilot who uses it tried to help me and we couldnt seem to find settings to make it locate properly in Arlington, WA where we fly.
Any help with this would be great,
Thanks, Tim Tanner, Seattle, Wa

tim tanner

Tim
New Entry

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2017 :  02:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have it open now and it says GPS: NO VALID FIX

tim tanner
Go to Top of Page

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2017 :  09:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nav - Waypoint lookup - Select Arlington - Details - Next - Next - Set as new home.

No valid fix could be several things. Have you set up the device in Config - Confi - LK800o Setup - Device Setup. No idea what setting you need, but if you see Internal try that.
Or it could be that there are settings needed in your Galaxy, before opening LK8000.
Its all in the manuals.
Go to Top of Page

Marco from Hangar 5
Pterodattilo

Netherlands
886 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2017 :  19:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add to dave's post... You also need a waypoint file that includes the waypoints and airports in your area.. LK8000, tap lower right hand corner airplane icon, config, config, LK8000 setup, system setup, waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 (you can load two files).. On that same panel you can check if the maps and topology are OK for your area.. and most important, the airspace files!

I know it still requires some nerdy skills to sort that out.. for maps it is now semi automatic, but for waypoints and airspace, manual downloading and cut/paste to the correct directory is still required... There are several posts that expain all this so I leave it to you to find that out.

Marco
BU (PH-588)
Mini Nimbus HS7, s/n 039
http://www.zweef.nl/
Zweefvliegcentrum Noordkop, NETHERLANDS
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2017 :  03:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One note: GPS NO VALID FIX means always: GPS is working, LK is receiving data from the gps, and the gps is saying "I dont have enough satellites in view to get a valid fix". Solution: move to open space, or fix the gps antenna, or remove the 2.4Ghz noise around the gps antenna.. something like.
Go to Top of Page

Tim
New Entry

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2017 :  06:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Thanks for all the replies! I am unfortunately not a nerd with the technology. Im going to try and figure this out with your suggestions.
Tim T

tim tanner
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy