PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 BUG reporting and solved list
 ATN5 navbar values without titles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JWosik
Pulcino

Poland
11 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  02:37:23  Show Profile  Visit JWosik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tested this on android beta, but github shows that this is since at least 2014:
4th,5th and 6th value on navbar ATN5 when screen is oriented in portrait mode have no titles - in landscape mode they have "<<<" title which signals that given value corresponds to the airfield mentioned to the left. In portrait mode those values are rearranged so without titles they are meaningless - setting title to something like "B.AlternArr", "Altern1Arr", "Altern2Arr" would reduce confusion.
https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/blob/master/Common/Source/Draw/LKDrawBottomBar.cpp line 510:

if (ScreenLandscape) {
	showunit=LKFormatValue(LK_ALTERN1_ARRIV, true, BufferValue, BufferUnit, BufferTitle); // 100221
	_tcscpy(BufferTitle,_T("<<<"));
} else {
	showunit=LKFormatValue(LK_BESTALTERN_ARRIV, true, BufferValue, BufferUnit, BufferTitle); // 100221
	_tcscpy(BufferTitle,_T(""));
}

Esp when 6.0 manual says: "In the past, “portrait” mode was considered a second choice, after landscape, but now they are both equally good."

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't understand. arrival altitudes in portrait are exactly below their correspondent names in atn5.
why would we clutter the screen with plain useless informations?
Go to Top of Page

JWosik
Pulcino

Poland
11 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  19:04:49  Show Profile  Visit JWosik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, On my Samsung S4 with default bottom font size (0) I have 4 items per rows thus first arrival altitude is in the first row, next two in the second row - definitely not below correspondent names - there is no code that would order them so - layout algorithm works in LK in such way that it tries to fit as many on the first row as possible - there is only just simple reordering that assumes constant amount of items per row in portrait mode, so if I change font size to smaller value I will have even more/less items in the same line.

Maybe there should be code that would force this values to second row - but making also sure that if other items from first row won't fit in the first row won't be placed at them.

Hope now it is clear.

Regards,
Jarek Wosik
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  21:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ah! now I understand. yes you are right it must be fixed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy