PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 ATC position relative to VOR/NDB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmail
Pulcino

8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  03:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Very often ATC asks us to give our position relative to a well known beacon like a VOR or NDB.
It would be extremely useful to have our radial/distance expressed in Nm and feet + FL relative to the 3 closest registered VOR or NDB in order to be able to quickly answer ATC when required.
The oracle function is not satisfactory because it is giving informations in meters and kilometers relative to the closest villages or cities which can be unknown to ATC.
Maybe a "ATC" buton in the info menu giving straight away the bearing and sistance in ft + FL and distance in NM to the 3 closest beacon registered in the .cup database would be a good suggestion
Thank you.

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  08:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a way to set up 2, but not 3. Make the 2 beacons into TPs. Then select them as Alternate1 and Alternate2. On InfoBox Auxiliary page 19, select Alternate1 distance, and Alternate1 Radial, and same for Alternate2. In Bottom Bar Aux9 you will now get a readout of the distances and the Radial or bearing from the 2 beacons.
Go to Top of Page

lmail
Pulcino

8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  23:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanks for your reply. Your way of doing it is not handy as if I am navigating and need to change the setup in order to answer ATC then I have to re-setup ALT1 and 2 again. The problem is that once I have entered the airspace then the ATC will require altitude and position every now and then therefore I would have to change everything all over again.furthermore whilst I am transiting through airspace I still need to have my designated alternate airfield performance handy.
Ideally the distance in Nm and altitude in feet QNH and FL to the 2 or 3 closest VOR or NDB could be included in the Oracle function?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  23:37:31  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the Oracle is the easiest way to go .
but we should assume it can work only with .cup way points, and use type ndb and vor only if in a system configuration this extended report is requested. Also I am not sure we have space to write these info on portrait screen so in the case of extended report from the Oracle we should also change fonts for it and use smaller.
It's not a quick job.
With a lot of constraints.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy