PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 General Support
 Android sound problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prb278
Pulcino

11 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2017 :  17:45:05  Show Profile  Click to see prb278's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have been using LK8000 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 with all the updates. The phone is fitted with a barometric pressure sensor. The problem is everything about LK8000 works fine except for the vario sound/beeping when it rises or falls. I know the phone works fine because I also have XCsoar installed on the phone & the vario sound works fine with that. I've tried everything in the settings of LK8000 to try & make it work, I've tried all the settings on the phone eg volume, permissions etc.

Anyone got any help on this problem or anyone else have the same problem ?

Paul

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2017 :  21:22:24  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LK8000 does not have a vario sound for several reasons.
Go to Top of Page

prb278
Pulcino

11 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2017 :  12:33:57  Show Profile  Click to see prb278's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply.
I just assumed it did, with it showing the climb/sink rate on the screen. What are the reasons for not including it ? Would it not be a good option to include this feature with the option to turn it on/off, whichever suits the pilot ?
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2017 :  14:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Because LK use sounds for all operations and it is not a variometer.
It is possible to use on android several variometer software already.
It could be added as third party module.
Go to Top of Page

Richreinauer
New Entry

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2022 :  17:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same question/issue. Xcsoar had it and it was useful to me. I hang glide with a Bluetooth headset and as a result I can hear the variometer much better. My digifly is often difficult to hear with wind noise, and my xcsoar was also sub par, but with a Bluetooth headset I’m able to turn the volume up as loud as I like, in addition to being able to call or text when necessary in flight. Would it be difficult to add this to lk8000? I’m sure I’m not the only person who would find benefit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy