PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Development Updates
 TTLiveTrack24 and LK8000 for KOBO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  12:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather is very bad here this weekend so I started adding some functionality to my Android APP ( TTLiveTrack24 https://goo.gl/jWdY31 ) related to Kobo and LK8000

1) Sending GPS to kobo using a client socket ( kobo should be the server on port 4353 ). If the phone has a barometric sensor also barometric height is sent via a Digifly driver $PDGFTL1

2) Sending FLARM nmea data using data from livetrack24 info API v2

3) Playing LK8000 sounds

Each feature can be activated independently and just yesterday I did 90% of the work.

My question here is about third point:

To reproduce exactly all LK8000 sounds I used a sound table like this one:

DEFAULT=
CABINCHIME12F=LKALARM,1
CABINCHIME12= LKALARM,2
CABINCHIME1B= LKALARM,3
CABINCHIME1C= LKALARM,4
CABINCHIME1= LKALARM,5
CABINCHIME21= LKALARM,6
….

Using exactly the sound_id in LK8000 and then adding all LK8000 wav file to the assets of my APP. So I have exactly all LK8000 sounds and every thing is working fine.

Unfortunately, there is not a default behaviour in LK8000 for nmea output sentences but only custom sentences using SOUND_TABLE.txt . So I will have to ask TTLiveTrack24 users to put my SOUND_TABLE.txt to to Kobo.

My proposition is:

If SOUND_TABLE.txt is not found on the system a default and embedded ( using LK8000 id's ) “SOUND_TABLE.txt” will be used. This I think will not affect current external devices but will guide new devices developer to use LK8000 defaults.

I do not know if this can have some other side effects ... any feedback is appreciated.

Tony

www.VoloLiberoMonteCucco.it

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 20/11/2016 12:34:05

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  14:07:08  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes the feedback is : using TcP will not work.
Using udp is just unpractical at this stage.

Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2016 :  16:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paolo for the information ( also by phone ) on what has already been done on this subject.
I will test more deeply and report back.
Tony

Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2016 :  12:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some more test and info :

1) for point 3 ( Audio over TCP ) everything is working fine. TCP latency is not a problem for this. The only issue I had is when GPS is lost and LK8000 restart all com ports including the TCP Server. As a workaround I check this and reconnect the client ... but something has to be done in LK8000 for this issue.

2) For GPS over TCP you where right. Latency is a big problem and did not found any workaround yet.

Parallelly I will also test connection-less UDP protocol. For this I scratched an UDP connection in LK ( https://github.com/ToninoTarsi/LK8000/tree/UDPPort ) but have now to implement it in Android.

I will report back
Tony

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2016 :  13:12:46  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Udp will work, it has been tested already. For then other problem of audio during com reset I don't really know if it is a problem being a borderline exception. Furthermore if I recall correctly before entering com reset the bell sound is played correctly .
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2016 :  11:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Paolo,
First test of UDP ( 1 hour test) this morning was ok.
Tony

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2016 :  19:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent!
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2016 :  11:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just updated my APP with UDP GPS and LK8000 sounds. Looks to be fine and stable.

If you want to try APP is here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tony.ttlivetrack24v2
It works with current “Master”

Istructions :

1) Go to settings ( left-bottom button )
2) Disable Livetrack24 if you do not have an account ( uncheck “LiveTrack24 Enabled”)
3) Check “Send GPS to KOBO”
4) Check “Play LK8000 sounds”
5) Live port 8000
5b) Check "manage Connection" so the APP will automagically switch on Hotspot ( otherwise you will have to do it manually )
6) Set your LK8000 device as follow. Use Didifly driver if your phone has a pressure sensor.

7) Now start tracking using the “Start Button” and
8) Switch on your kobo and start LK8000 in Fly mode

Report any problem here

Thanks
Tony

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 28/11/2016 11:53:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy