PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Developers
 Next Time To Go [ Closed ]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2016 :  16:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the help of this infobox I can read :

@842
[Next Time To Go]
Estimated time required to reach next waypoint, assuming performance of ideal MacCready cruise/climb cycle.

In the code it is calculated as :

WayPointCalc[i].NextETE= WayPointCalc[i].Distance / Basic->Speed;
( WaipontArrivalAltitude.cpp - line 22

so it looks like this time is calculated using current speed ( as it should be ) and not MC speed.
Am'I missing something ot the help shoud me modified as :

@8
[Next Time To Go]
Estimated time required to reach next waypoint assuming current speed.

Thanks
Tony

www.VoloLiberoMonteCucco.it

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 06/11/2016 18:24:09

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  00:37:15  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony try to search in the source file history, I think I have changed that calculation long time ago and forgot to update the help file. But I am not sure. It can be something made over 5 years ago.
On github it could still be possible to trace the change.
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  10:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Paolo. I made a mistake looking at the code. As a matter of fact the code I quoted is used only in CAR mode.

NextETE is always calculated using MC speed so help is ok.

But this lead to a problem in PG/HG mode when in START mode . I was investigating this just for this reason.

Simulating START with condor ( https://goo.gl/ULtjPI ) I was finding trouble to arrive at the start cylinder at 00:00 and as higher as possible ( this is the goal during start ).

The problem is that the "Time To Gate" is calculated using MC speed. MC theory as nothing to say before start. Theoretically the correct speed to use should be the the Minimum Sink speed but also in this case I think the information will not be so easy to be used.

I think best support to the pilot will be to calculate this "Time To Gate" using current GS. In that way it is easy to slow down if too earlier or to be fast if too in advance.

This apply only before start gate. NextETE can continue to use MC speed after start that I think is correct.

If you agree on this I can fix it.
Tony

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 06/11/2016 10:06:50
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  11:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to clarify what I'm talking about :

Current version :

About 6:28 min to start. LK tells me that to arrive on start at 00:00 I shroud fly at 51kmh. But I'm flying exactly at 51kmh and LK tells be that I will arrive to early of 3:11 minutes ... confusing situation and not very useful.

Proposed version :

Now everything is consistent. If I slow down "Time to gate" will increase if I go faster time will decrease.

This is how Flymaster or Digifly AIR works and I think is the way it should work.

Tony

Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  15:25:10  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check also with wind please. It was working as i made it
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  16:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did Paolo,
No changes. And is obviously as MC speed ( or GS in my patch ) does not depend on wind and neither distance from cylinder does.

This is my patch with wild :

Current version has the same problem with wind too.

My patch here :

https://github.com/LK8000/LK8000/compare/master...ToninoTarsi:Gate_ETE_Diff

Tony

Edited by - ToninoTarsi on 06/11/2016 16:09:11
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  16:35:55  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it is correct as it is. Use auto mc and you will get the same results.
Go to Top of Page

ToninoTarsi
Falchetto

Italy
113 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  18:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a matter of fact Paolo, as you explained by phone, setting in auto MC mode works fine :-)
Thanks
Tony

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy