PostFrontal Forum
PostFrontal Forum
LK8000_Support_Forum | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LK8000 International Support
 Change requests and new features list
 Flarm voice warnings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davesalmon
Pterodattilo

United Kingdom
1620 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2016 :  21:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that this has been raised before, but I want to raise it again. That is voice warnings using the Flarm data. I understand it is available on the Oudie with CU.
My reason for raising again is that I had a very close encounter a few days ago, on a ridge, when I attributed the warning to the wrong glider.Two were approaching, and I saw one a bit to my right, which I wrongly assumed was giving the warning and did not see the one head on, until almost too late. The other pilot, though getting a warning, did not see me until I started to turn. Having analysed the traces, one second later, and I would not be writing this.
A voice warning "Glider at 12 0'clock, same height" would have put my attention where it should have been, rather than where I thought the threat was coming from.

ka_flieger
Pulcino

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  12:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one of the few features missing in LK8K, but a very important.
best wishes
and a collision-free year

Reinhard
Go to Top of Page

AlphaLima

Germany
1978 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  15:15:56  Show Profile  Visit AlphaLima's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Thanks for the wishes, same to you,
for safety reasons, it was a decision of the Team not to implement Flarm warning visual nor acoustical.
We cannot grant an appropiate responsetime under any Situation (on any Hardware and in the deepest submenue) and we belive that such important warning must be given by dedicated display/devices.
If you prefer voice messages this coud be an alternative for you:
http://www.lxnavigation.com/flarm/flarm-color-display/#flarmdisplayfeatures

AL
Go to Top of Page

Coolwind

Italy
8957 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  20:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Coolwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Basic flarm display with a few led give instantly all information that would require 10 seconds speech.. speech is very appealing but totally slow compared to visual signs and we are dealing with critical safety warnings. I had tested and dropped voice warnings for flarm for this and other less important reasons.
Beside can you imagine doing the voice for many languages.. not even seeyou does that.
Go to Top of Page

ka_flieger
Pulcino

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2017 :  23:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi AL,
hallo Paolo,
one language, three seconds for the important informations, with the eyes out of the glider, not to the Panel.
"traffic, eleven a clock, below", or "Level, two o clock" with a short "beep" in front, should be enough info.

Gruß
Reinhard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
PostFrontal Forum © PostFrontal - La community del Volo a Vela Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Since 2006, owned and maintained by PostFrontal S.A.S. di Giuliano Golfieri & c. - VAT ID: IT05264240960
THIS WEBSITE ONLY USES FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Privacy & Cookie Policy